Leicester versus Coventry thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micky

I am chomping at the bit for tonights game. Off down the pub in a bit. Come on city. The revolution begins....

As soon as I see the team, I am off down the pub. :wink:

Team unchanged from Crewe

Pressman

Canero, Dabizas, Heath, Stewart

Gillespie, Nalis, Gudjonsson, Tiatto

Scowy, Connolly

Subs:
Dublin
Gemmill
Logan
Morris
Makin

Tiatto and Stewart swapped around. Interesting choice of subs.. Personally I'd have had Stearman on the bench instead of Makin, and Benji instead of Dublin, but still..

Right, tonight was good but lets not get carried away (boohoo!). I expected an upturn in results this with the arrival of a new manager. I think the real test will come after the dust settles (after afew more games). But anyway, well done the boys! Keep up the good work! :lol:

Worst performance by Gudjohnssen, though he was not bad, and best by Tiatto. Still things to work on, but if they play like that every week then we might make the play offs. :wink:

covscum were dire. we weren't much better
3-0 flatered us, but 3-0 it was.
nice result.
out new boss looks a bit too much like a proclaimer for my liking.... :?
connolly is shite and looks like a junkie :roll:

MKFox said:
covscum were dire. we weren't much better
3-0 flatered us, but 3-0 it was.
nice result.
out new boss looks a bit too much like a proclaimer for my liking.... :?
connolly is shite and looks like a junkie :roll:

Connolly is not shite. :roll: :wink: However he is not as good as some would have you believe. :wink:

Think the scoreline completely flattered us tonight. We were lucky in that Peter Reid's team selection was absolutely inept, they looked a much better side when Suffo and Ricketts came on.

First time i'd seen us this season actually, thought Gudjohnsson was very poor, the game passed him by. Stewart was rubbish for an hour, then perked up for the last 30. Connolly was disappointing, you can see the talent is there but it's just not working for him. Gillespie good 1st half, atrocious 2nd, but at least he's showing a new willingness to actually driblle forwards.

Heath, Tiatto very good, Scowy and Nalis good.

I thought it was promising, bearing in mind CL has only been working with the players for a week. We were sloppy in possession and the final ball was poor, but there were a lot of positives, commitment was good and at least we didnt stick 10 men on the edge of our area as soon as we went 1-0 up.

I was very impressed at the changes already made by Levein, but Rome wasnt built in a day and there are still be plenty of things that need putting right but it will take time. Overall good result and reasonable performance.

You Lot Make me laugh

There we are, winning 3-0, first win for ages, and you are still finding fault!

What do you want! 10 out of 10 for every player. Mark my words, Connelly will come good, the dust will settle, but this manager will have a system where every player that comes into the side will know his job. No more "Mickey's Misfits"!

Get a bloody reality check and stop 'kin moaning!!!

Right, because we won and 'it was our first for ages', people are supposed to be smoking Levein's cock and not allowed to point out obvious criticisms.

It wasn't a great performance and some players weren't that great. Things must have gotten bad, thats the 1st city game i've seen this season, and although it is of course great to get the win, there is much to work on.

Martyn said:
Right, because we won and 'it was our first for ages', people are supposed to be smoking Levein's cock and not allowed to point out obvious criticisms.

It wasn't a great performance and some players weren't that great. Things must have gotten bad, thats the 1st city game i've seen this season, and although it is of course great to get the win, there is much to work on.

AS you say that is the first time you have seen city this season.... IF you had seen a few other games you would know that the performance was 400% better than the dross we had been watching before.

Those of us who have seen a few more games won't moan, as the progress we have made within a week is massive and we can see were going in the right direction.

Martyn said:
Think the scoreline completely flattered us tonight.
Stewart was rubbish for an hour, then perked up for the last 30.
Connolly was disappointing,
correct.
wrong way round about stewart. he was superb first half
connolly is poor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687