Leicester versus Coventry thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martyn said:
I'm expecting Brazil when I go to the Reading home game on the 11th December.

Maybe you should go and support Arsenal.

to me connolly looks a good player. he just needs the ball in the right places (in the box) and he will cause problems. his touch and workrate can't be questioned. maybe his movement can. perhaps the supply line is the main area that needs questioning.

what are people rating connolly on? his general play or his goals? i cannot believe that anyone can criticise him for his build up play or work rate? I think its a matter of time for him to start scoring regularly. he's done it all his career. he's not suddenly become a poor striker.

Babylon said:
Those of us who have seen a few more games won't moan, as the progress we have made within a week is massive and we can see were going in the right direction.

Too true.
For the first time for a long time, this team played as a unit - Canero/ Gillespie, Tiatto/Stewart, Scowy/Connolly, Nalis/Gudjonnson. It looked like a team, instead of a mish-mash.
It only takes a tweak to manufacture a winning side, but the devil is in the detail, and the psychology. Whatever Levein has done has worked. He has managed to persuade a group of heterogeneously useful players to combine their talents, and his masterstroke was to make Tiatto captain, which gave him a rein on his wilder moments, and perfectly used his enthusiasm and his creatiivity, and fashioned both into a positive rather than an occasionally negative influence.
Levein, I predict, is in the mould of Martin O'Neill. He can make intricate mouldings from what can appear to be cow dung.
What a great win! :D
Can we please celebrate?

Micky said:
he's not suddenly become a poor striker.
well it seems that he has...did not rate him at all tonight :wink:

Let's celebrate :lol: :lol:

Having watched the two CL games it's great to see City keeping up the work rate and playing to WIN!

I'ts like the players are thinking 'seven games without defeat' instead of 'seven games without a win'. All the players seem up for it.
HAPPY TIMES (well happier anyway)

I thought everybody played well,nothing spectacular but a good all round performance..don't really understand the gloom on here.I'm not stupid enough to think we are now world beaters and we will know more after Sunderland and wigan but it was a marked improvement on anything I've seen fron us in the past year.It was pleasing to see the ball passed around and players not scared to try something.All this 'Coventry was shite etc' we can only beat what is put in front of us,Levein as been in charge for 10 days and we look a better side.As for Connolly those who don't rate him fair enough you are entitled to your opinion but Who would you people like to see in his place?Dublin,Blake ,Benjamin???.IMO Connolly and Scowcroft are the best 2 forwards we have.I think some of us have forgotten how to celebrate a win :(

I'm just happy with the three points. During some matches we have played well in spells (e.g Ipswich) only to drop a couple of points. As long as we get the points, the consistency within the team will come...

marky boy said:
I'm just happy with the three points. During some matches we have played well in spells (e.g Ipswich) only to drop a couple of points. As long as we get the points, the consistency within the team will come...

Good call. :p :wink:

Martyn said:
Think the scoreline completely flattered us tonight. We were lucky in that Peter Reid's team selection was absolutely inept, they looked a much better side when Suffo and Ricketts came on.

First time i'd seen us this season actually, thought Gudjohnsson was very poor, the game passed him by. Stewart was rubbish for an hour, then perked up for the last 30. Connolly was disappointing, you can see the talent is there but it's just not working for him. Gillespie good 1st half, atrocious 2nd, but at least he's showing a new willingness to actually driblle forwards.

Heath, Tiatto very good, Scowy and Nalis good.

I despair of 'fans' like you, just a load of whingeing pussies. The best we've played as a team last season or this and the manager only in charge for exactly 7 days. I can't be arsed to write anything else to respond to a fc*kwit like you....

leicester vers

:) :) :lol: :lol: :D :D

It wasn't Real Madrid, but who cares.
Seeing my covscum friends at work in the morning is going to make a working day most pleasurable.

Cov might have been poor, but they were better than Watford and Brighton, both of whom we managed to lose to this season.

Filthy Rich said:
Martyn said:
Think the scoreline completely flattered us tonight. We were lucky in that Peter Reid's team selection was absolutely inept, they looked a much better side when Suffo and Ricketts came on.

First time i'd seen us this season actually, thought Gudjohnsson was very poor, the game passed him by. Stewart was rubbish for an hour, then perked up for the last 30. Connolly was disappointing, you can see the talent is there but it's just not working for him. Gillespie good 1st half, atrocious 2nd, but at least he's showing a new willingness to actually driblle forwards.

Heath, Tiatto very good, Scowy and Nalis good.

I despair of 'fans' like you, just a load of whingeing pussies. The best we've played as a team last season or this and the manager only in charge for exactly 7 days. I can't be arsed to write anything else to respond to a fc*kwit like you....

Yep just a whingeing pussy, saying which players disappointed me and which i thought played well (care to point me in the right direction with intelligent counterpoints - no that would be too much effort eh?). I also said Coventry were inept, Boohoo listen to me cry like a girl. IT WAS A GOOD RESULT BUT I WOULD HOPE PERFORMANCES GET BETTER, I have nothing to go on as that was the 1st game I have seen this season.

The reason you couldn't be 'arsed' to say anything else is because nothing intelligent other than personally libellous shite would come out.

Now f*ck off.

Sorry, I'm not usually like that but I get v annoyed when people make assumptions about your validity as a fan (not just me but anyone) based upon delivering a little bit of criticism to certain quarters. it's actually the worst point ever.

Unfortunately no, when I'm not spending my time on LCFC messageboards criticising all and sundry, the most active I get is the occasional run out on the football pitch.

I did fancy doing martial-arts once, but my ligaments are about as strong as wet tissue paper so i gave it a miss.

I cant see an justification in complaints. I have not seen city pass like they did today for years. everything was quick, yet simple and very few and I mean a few, passes did not actually reached another city player. I dont know what it looked like on TV. but IMO it was brill.

The players where confident, calm, no running around like headless chickens. They all seamed to know what there job was and stuck to it and kept their shape.

The defended on the half way line and every player fought to get the ball back, when we lost it.

Steward did an excelent job teaming up Taitto, Who was rock solid, Canero and Gillespie worked hard all match and I actually wanted Gillespie to stay on.

Nalis was quick and creative spraying the ball all over the place

Heath made no silly mistakes and for once dabisas looked like he cared about the outcome.

The Pieman was sound,

The only two minor critasisms, I would have was for connely, who did not play up to the standard I expected. but he worked hard so he is excused.
and gudjonsson, who after getting away with an early foul, was battered by the cov players and spent a lot of time laying on the ground, trying to get free kicks. But just like connely he worked hard, so I aint complaining.

A mate watched it on telly and he did not feel we played that well, but let me assure anyone who was not there. City controled the game and the reason cov looked like they did not care, was because they had no answer to cities game, city made them look crap.

I aint saying every thing is cured at city but anyone who has suffered the football we have this season will agree that the improvment is enormous, Not a minor improvment, a gigantic improvment, and I for one never expected such a turn round in such a short time.

Christ lads, we just beat someone 3:0 and they never even looked threatning and you still critisis, get a grip.

Be +ve

we just won 3-0 would we have done that under MA no. were on the up get down there on sat and get behind the team that beat the scum 3-0

for gods sake we have won at the walkers this is a landmark

craig levien blue white army

If you can't bloody celebrate after last nights match then you might as well give up!..It was a VAST improvement from the dross of late. Every city player was up for it. The fans were also up for it. Good atmosphere spoilt only by the fact i had to go straight to work for a night shift and no bloody beer!! Bugger all this 'oh they were alright but Cov were poor' . Just celebrate beating the to$$ers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669