Pre Match Leicester Vs Tottenham

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is we have ten players that are almost certain to play:

Schmeichel, Ricardo, Evans, Soyuncu, Chilwell, Ndidi, Choudhury, Tielemans, Maddison, Vardy

And one space for one of: Albrighton, Barnes, Perez, Gray, Praet.

However, no combination of those ten plus one works. All the 'ones' have been tried, none have delivered and none help to balance the team. And the ten don't fit together right.

I think we'll exactly the same against Spurs and see what happens again. The ten plus one of the randoms.
It doesn't have to be a problem. He could be far more adaptable and choose teams to match the opposition. For this game, Ndidi and Choudhury should start, for others they shouldn't. It's really not rocket science.

For me, we must get Maddison back into the middle and I'd also be inclined to give Tielemans a stint on the sidelines. Fuchs in for Chilwell is a no brainer; Chilwell will be torn a new one over and over again if he starts (which of course, he will).

If we're going to play 2 wide midfielders then it has to be the only 2 who are decent playing there. If he's not playing both of Madders and Albrighton then it's worth trying a different system.

I am starting to think we basically have an away team in Brendan’s mind, and a home team.

A friend of mine said Brendan was ok, but don’t expect tactical genius like Emery has a reputation for. It would surprise me if Brendan has said “right lads, away it’s X, home it’s Y”

Poch is an absolute ****ing loser

Get into them early and put the pressure on them like we should have done Utd

Get into them early and put the pressure on them like we should have done Utd
Agree - but City should take encouragement from the fact Spurs blew a 2 goal lead. In public, Kane may sound determined to fix this "bottle" problem, but I expect Spurs will be feeling a bit nervous of a repeat, so we mustn't allow them settle in - at any stage of the game

Did you know we are the worst ranked team in the premier league for shots on target?

I didn't.
Would have guessed that. It really has been a bang average start in terms of attacking play.

Did you know we are the worst ranked team in the premier league for shots on target?

I didn't.

From watching us play I'd be gobsmacked if we weren't

Wilf is better without another DM. He likes the freedom to roam and has the pace and game awareness to do so. I think he finds another DM just gets in his way. We also need more width.

Youri gets back well to pick up the ball, as does Maddison, and that movement and interchange makes marking difficult and creates space and opportunity. It has to be 4141.

Kasper,

Ricardo, Evans, Soyuncu, Chillwell,
Ndidi
Albrighton, Tielemans, Maddison, Barnes
Vardeh

The others can have their chance to strut their stuff midweek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566