Pre Match Leicester Vs Tottenham

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've played 5 matches in the league this season.

When they have both played, we’ve drawn two and lost one.

When only one has played, we’ve won both games we've played.

Edited to correct stats.

I did the stats the other day in another thread. Since they first played together last December, the record is markedly better with them both than with one of them.

I did the stats the other day in another thread. Since they first played together last December, the record is markedly better with them both than with one of them.

That's not apples to apples and you know it.

Different manager, different players added.

Giving data a bad name you cheeky git.

then you grow some balls and choose between Maddison and Tielemans, like you are paid to do, taking one of your most influential players and putting them out of position weakens the team.

More to the point when Puel did this you slaughtered him so don't be a hypocrite

And if I was choosing between the two, I'd pick Tielemans, which is my point from earlier.

Do you think Rodgers is an idiot then? Don't you think he sees what you see?

He's doing it for a reason. It supports our available personnel, our full backs, and so on. All it needs is Maddison to do it better.

Ndidi, Tielemans, Maddison. How does that weaken anything - it's our best midfield three and we should look to play it week in, week out

Not rocket science

It weakens us because our results are better with Choudhury in there too. If that wasn't the case, I'm sure Rodgers wouldn't be doing it.

you're just a hypocrite

Not fair. If Puel had made changes that improved our results, I'd have understood them. He made changes that made us worse and I rightly had a go as a result.

Rodgers plan works better than your suggested alternative. Get a better alternative and I'll gladly support it.

You also said:

"I don't see the sense in playing both Ndidi and Choudhury against any opposition. Even against the best sides, you have to compete to have any chance, not sit back and try to just disrupt them."

I'm not trying to be a twat by quoting you here, by the way. I was looking for your post with the stats but couldn't find it. I'd be genuinely interested to see it again though.

You also said:

"I don't see the sense in playing both Ndidi and Choudhury against any opposition. Even against the best sides, you have to compete to have any chance, not sit back and try to just disrupt them."

I'm not trying to be a twat by quoting you here, by the way. I was looking for your post with the stats but couldn't find it. I'd be genuinely interested to see it again though.

Yeah, I know. I understand where you're coming from because I thought the same thing clearly.

But there comes a point when you have to try to figure out why Rodgers is doing what he is. Hence looking at the stats and then reassessing based on them. I can be persuaded to change my mind.

Ultimately, he's playing Maddison there for a reason, he isn't trying to lose games. I'm trying to follow that reasoning, not just say he's ignorant of something we can all see.

Yeah, I know. I understand where you're coming from because I thought the same thing clearly.

But there comes a point when you have to try to figure out why Rodgers is doing what he is. Hence looking at the stats and then reassessing based on them. I can be persuaded to change my mind.

Ultimately, he's playing Maddison there for a reason, he isn't trying to lose games. I'm trying to follow that reasoning, not just say he's ignorant of something we can all see.
I don't doubt he's trying something that he thinks should/could work, but at what point do you realise it isn't working.

Here's some stats, anyway:

Maddison hasn't scored any goals in the league this season.

When he has been playing in that left hand side, attacking role, he has 1 assist in 3 games (a corner, which Ndidi scored from against Chelsea).

When he has been playing as part of the three in midfield, he has 1 assist in 2 games (pass to Vardy against Sheffield United).

Small sample size? Yes. Reality? Yes. He needs to get going pretty quickly in that role, IMO.

Personally, I don’t think Chilwell is helping matters at all.
The link up play, or even understanding, just seems to be missing down the left flank

Personally, I don’t think Chilwell is helping matters at all.
The link up play, or even understanding, just seems to be missing down the left flank
Chilwell can't link up with someone who isn't there and Maddison is almost never wide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263