Leics 20/20 batting line up

Status
Not open for further replies.

slyfox

Don't understand the logic in playing Taylor at 4 and Nixon at 5,we were behind the rate and the last thing we needed was 2 pushers in a time when we needed boundaries.

We need our hitters at the top.

My suggestion would be

1..Josh Cobb
2..Andrew MacDonald
3Will Jefferson
4 Jacques du Toit
5..Abdul Razzaq
6.James Taylor
7Paul Nixon

Why is du Toit down in at 7 when he done well last season?

The middle overs was nearly are undoing again i think that could be a real problem for us if not rectified.

Don't understand the logic in playing Taylor at 4 and Nixon at 5,we were behind the rate and the last thing we needed was 2 pushers in a time when we needed boundaries.

We need our hitters at the top.

My suggestion would be

1..Josh Cobb
2..Andrew MacDonald
3Will Jefferson
4 Jacques du Toit
5..Abdul Razzaq
6.James Taylor
7Paul Nixon

Why is du Toit down in at 7 when he done well last season?

The middle overs was nearly are undoing again i think that could be a real problem for us if not rectified.

The line up needs to be dynamic and fluid. Thats why its frustrating that Sky and everyone else always want to publish a 'batting order' right at the start.

Taylor and Nixon have their place up the order if we lose quick wickets or can put up with a solid 4/5 an over for a bit as they do push it round.

I also think you are selling both a little short, once 'in' both are capable of maintaining a healthy strike rate. They are just not quite ball one 'smashers' like Razzaq and du Toit.

In the early stages of T20 last season Du Toit was our main big hitter but as the T20 carried on he wasn't quite as dynamic.

He was one of our stand out players in all cricket last season but I think he'll be the first to admit that this season for him has been a big disappointment so far.

Hopefully he can get a decent knock sometime soon to restore belief and confidence.

The line up needs to be dynamic and fluid. Thats why its frustrating that Sky and everyone else always want to publish a 'batting order' right at the start.

Taylor and Nixon have their place up the order if we lose quick wickets or can put up with a solid 4/5 an over for a bit as they do push it round.

I also think you are selling both a little short, once 'in' both are capable of maintaining a healthy strike rate. They are just not quite ball one 'smashers' like Razzaq and du Toit.

Exactly. Taylor and Nixon were the perfect men at the right time for the perfectly-timed run chase against Northants. Both players have really good Twenty20 records and can accelarate their innings.

We need to judge each game on the situation. I just think we may as well bring Naik in for Boyce, as rarely will we need his batting but we could do with a 3rd spin option (although I was also surprised Taylor didn't have a bowl against Lancs)

big weekend 3 winable games but 3 defeats and the season could be all but over

big weekend 3 winable games but 3 defeats and the season could be all but over

Given the nature of the competition even if we lose all 3 we could still qualify so don't think the season would be over.

2 or 3 wins and we will be well set.
1 win and I'd say we'd be OK.

Given the nature of the competition even if we lose all 3 we could still qualify so don't think the season would be over.

2 or 3 wins and we will be well set.
1 win and I'd say we'd be OK.

It's the slogging cup, season isn't over when you get knocked out of this competition, was over weeks ago in the real games.

It's the slogging cup, season isn't over when you get knocked out of this competition, was over weeks ago in the real games.

Considering this is the competition where most money is at stake and our current financial situation I think it is possibly the most important one for our future development considering our 4-day results.

a couple of injury doubts for the Yorks game on Weds Hoggy and Taylor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670