Leics news Winter 2012-13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I think that's the plan with Jefferson retiring.Very good signing for all three forms of tgame.sounds like he is a strong which is what we need.I think if Naik can stay fit and buck improves we might be stronger next year.

Shiv Thakor named Captain for the England under 19 tour to South Africa

Did I hear correctly that Cobb has been sold to a Bangladeshi team for £30k?

Good start for Cobb in Bangladesh, two wins out of two and 34* off 17 in their second game.

White has left to join Lancashire, seemingly under a bit of a cloud. Surprised at this to be honest, no more than an honest journeyman, expensive with the ball and no more than a number 6 with the bat; don't think he'll be particularly missed.

White has left to join Lancashire, seemingly under a bit of a cloud. Surprised at this to be honest, no more than an honest journeyman, expensive with the ball and no more than a number 6 with the bat; don't think he'll be particularly missed.

i was very surprised, not so much he has left but in going to Lancashire. I know Lancs were relegated last season, but i can't see him playing that often for them

I think that's a real shame. He clearly came on a lot last season and was our top wicket taker in the championship and a good contributor with the bat. As you say, sounds like he left under a cloud but the writing was on the wall from the 'disciplinary incident' no doubt.

Shiv Thakor ruled out of the England U19 tour after breaking his finger in the first match.

White was performing well in the four day game and would of been one of the first names on the team sheet. Never fast, fast and could bowl rubbish, but he took lots of wickets, so will be missed more for his bowling than batting with Thakor now emerging. In the one day game I thought White wasn't as nearly good so will not really be missed there. Hoggard must be nearing retirement, so it puts a huge amount of pressure on the likes of Buck, Wyatt, Taylor et al. Being a left arm bowler Taylor can play as a fourth choice seamer, and hopefully he maybe able to progress to being a first change or opening bowler.

Last edited:
Dagnall's comments on Twitter were interesting, particularly about the fact it might be a positive influence in the changing room.

Also some positive noises about the new pace signing Ollie Freckingham

Shakib al Hasan joins for T20. Another good signing. T20 team could be ok, we will certainly miss Wayne White less in that format.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566