lennon

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really fcuks me off that the club read out forest scores at half time and also that fans actually cheer loudly if they are losing. They wouldnt do the same.

And why should i give a **** about what they do? I have my own feelings that are not decided on how others feel about me, why should they be?

We are effectively 'Middlesborough' of the three east midland clubs. People need to get over this. It really fcuks me off that the club read out forest scores at half time and also that fans actually cheer loudly if they are losing. They wouldnt do the same.

I think that's largely true in the sense that the real local rivalry in the north east is Newcastle - Sunderland with the boro somewhat out on a limb.

It's obvious that in the East Midlands because of the geography it's Derby - Forest with us out on a limb - and I agree that this time honoured practice of the pause before reading out the Forest score if they are losing is embarrassing cringe worthy stuff. As you say it's one sided because in the main they just aren't as interested in the Leicester score.

What, to dust off his cv so that we can get the Taggs, Walshie, Lennon management Dream Team?

Oh, nearly forgot:
:038::038::038::038::038:
Nah - he claimed that he'd passed his 50m Butterfly at interview but didn't have his certificate on him.

The whole rivalry thing really gets me. Especially people's attitudes towards Forest. Do forest really give a fcuk about us???? Course they don't really. They dont like us but its more they apathy than hatred. Its a very biased rivalry on our part.

You obviously either haven't been a Leicester fan for long enough or haven't lived in Loughborough or Hinckley. These county 'border' town supporters have an intense rivalry between Forest and Coventry respectively.

If you don't appreciate that then you don't appear to know much about being a Leicester City fan.

You obviously either haven't been a Leicester fan for long enough or haven't lived in Loughborough or Hinckley. These county 'border' town supporters have an intense rivalry between Forest and Coventry respectively.

If you don't appreciate that then you don't appear to know much about being a Leicester City fan.

Yeah, also, he doesn't go many games either! He's no fan at all!

Certainly a lot of Forest fans in Melton aswell. I would say there is a rivalry here. Same as those in Hinkley with Cov. Don't mean a thing to me but I respect their desire to beat Covscum.

You are absolutely right about the intense rivalry in the 'border' towns - but doesn't that prove the point opposite to the one you are seeking to make i.e. it suggests that the rivalry is intense only when the sets of supporters live very close to each other whereas Leicester - Nottingham; Leicester- Cov etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00