lennon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neil Lennon???

I thought we'd got Aaron Lennon.

ah of course! and no doubt if simon grayson ends coming back here then you,ll be the first to tell him too sling his hook?? and maybe your beating down gerry taggarts door becuase he left and played for stoke and then has the nerve to return here? :icon_roll

No, I would welcome Simon Grayson back. He left for Villa because we failed to give him a new contract - great work Mr. O'Neill. As much as I don't want Taggart anywhere near our new management structure I hold no ill will towards him for the fact that he left us as a player. Taggart left us for Stoke when Micky Adams deemed him surplus to requirements - again, great work Micky.

Lennon on the other hand signed a 30,000+ a week contract in the summer and then proceeded to play like a complete arse all season in a sulk that he was not with his beloved O'Neill up in Jock Land, to the point where the club and Peter Taylor had no choice but to let him go. That is why I hate Neil Lennon. It has fcuk all to do with him playing for Forest.

No, I would welcome Simon Grayson back. He left for Villa because we failed to give him a new contract - great work Mr. O'Neill. As much as I don't want Taggart anywhere near our new management structure I hold no ill will towards him for the fact that he left us as a player. Taggart left us for Stoke when Micky Adams deemed him surplus to requirements - again, great work Micky.

Lennon on the other hand signed a 30,000+ a week contract in the summer and then proceeded to play like a complete arse all season in a sulk that he was not with his beloved O'Neill up in Jock Land, to the point where the club and Peter Taylor had no choice but to let him go. That is why I hate Neil Lennon. It has fcuk all to do with him playing for Forest.

Nice :)

ah of course! and no doubt if simon grayson ends coming back here then you,ll be the first to tell him too sling his hook?? and maybe your beating down gerry taggarts door becuase he left and played for stoke and then has the nerve to return here? :icon_roll

Undoubtedly there is a more than unusual nastiness - that makes me cringe sometimes, in Leicester fans attitude towards ex- City football professionals who move to other employment - especially if it's to other Midlands outfits.

I don't whether it's because we dont really have any genuinely 'next door' type derby fixtures ie. all our supposed rivalries are with clubs that have closer rivals....and so we have to up the ante to make it feel real. Or is it because lots of our supporters have a misconception about the nature of being a football pro - and can't get their heads round the fact that the likes of Lennon etc etc are not actually loyal Leicester fans and think they should be designated as villains if they happen to move elsewhere.

Undoubtedly there is a more than unusual nastiness - that makes me cringe sometimes, in Leicester fans attitude towards ex- City football professionals who move to other employment - especially if it's to other Midlands outfits.

I don't whether it's because we dont really have any genuinely 'next door' type derby fixtures ie. all our supposed rivalries are with clubs that have closer rivals....and so we have to up the ante to make it feel real. Or is it because lots of our supporters have a misconception about the nature of being a football pro - and can't get their heads round the fact that the likes of Lennon etc etc are not actually loyal Leicester fans and think they should be designated as villains if they happen to move elsewhere.

Does it really matter?

People have different reasons for their feeling towards certain players, and long may it continue, without it we would be a right boring bunch of lovelies.

Does it really matter?

People have different reasons for their feeling towards certain players, and long may it continue, without it we would be a right boring bunch of lovelies.

Not aimed at you personally - but I just find the attitudes that I described as being not so much what ever is the opposite of boring....but just a bit naive and childish at best and unpleasant abd boorish at worse.

Not aimed at you personally - but I just find the attitudes that I described as being not so much what ever is the opposite of boring....but just a bit naive and childish at best and unpleasant abd boorish at worse.

Agreed. He is recovering from depression for fcuks sake. Lay off him.

The whole rivalry thing really gets me. Especially people's attitudes towards Forest. Do forest really give a fcuk about us???? Course they don't really. They dont like us but its more they apathy than hatred. Its a very biased rivalry on our part.

We are effectively 'Middlesborough' of the three east midland clubs. People need to get over this. It really fcuks me off that the club read out forest scores at half time and also that fans actually cheer loudly if they are losing. They wouldnt do the same.

Agreed. He is recovering from depression for fcuks sake. Lay off him.

The whole rivalry thing really gets me. Especially people's attitudes towards Forest. Do forest really give a fcuk about us???? Course they don't really. They dont like us but its more they apathy than hatred. Its a very biased rivalry on our part.

We are effectively 'Middlesborough' of the three east midland clubs. People need to get over this. It really fcuks me off that the club read out forest scores at half time and also that fans actually cheer loudly if they are losing. They wouldnt do the same.

No they wouldn't

The Tigers fans would, though.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673