Lets Reawaken the Prophets Of Doom

Should Kelly Stay or Go ...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Status
Not open for further replies.
So maybe without him CL would have done better ?

Levein would almost certainly have done better without the amount of interference and conflicting instruction he was getting from board level.

Do you think he should have been sacked Boc ?

My thoughts on that subject are a matter of record - there's no point in going over it more than a year after the event. I do think the the Board shoudl have had the courage to carry out the re-building plan that they had begun.

My thoughts on that subject are a matter of record - there's no point in going over it more than a year after the event. I do think the the Board shoudl have had the courage to carry out the re-building plan that they had begun.

:icon_redf Fair enough:102: That told me...

i did think we shud give him til the end of the season and then push for promotion but at this rate itll be promotion from league 1 :icon_cry: . oh and erm...KELLY OUT PLEASE MILAN!!

:icon_redf Fair enough:102: That told me...

Sorry - I didn't mean that to sound how you took it. I thought Levein was very shabbily treated by the Board. I think there is a danger that fans will treat RK similarly, not giving any allowance for the low level of support that he has had.

Just go and go now. And can we please forget this 'let's see how he does when he has some money to spend' nonsense. If you can't get the best from the players at your disposal then more expensive players means more expensive flops. There are several managers in the Championship with little or no money to spend who have made a better job of it than RK; Geraint Williams at Colchester, Tony Pulis at Stoke, Ian Holloway at Plymouth, Brian Laws at Sheffield Wednesday and dare I say Mike Newell before the Luton board pulled the rug from under his feet. RK did a good job when he first took over in dragging us away from the relegation zone and I thank him for that, but since then the team has not moved forward in one single respect and with no sign that Kelly has the abillity to move this or any other squad of players forward then it is time for him to go and quickly please.

Reasons why Kelly should go IMO

1) Whilst he has had a very limited transfer budget, he has still had a squad to work with which on the whole was built with the benefit of the parachute payments, we are currently 17th and when you put that into perspective to our infrastructure, attendances and wage budget it is IMO abject failure, we should at the very least achieve a mid table to lower top half finish.

2) His judgement on players is very poor, IMO only McAuley can be really labelled as a successful signing, the others have been unimaginative and unsuccessful, even the bout of loan signings made around the time of the takeover have despite an initial upturn, now proved to be little better than there counterparts. Therefore why should he be afforded further opportunity to waste more money.

3) The clearly evident lack of discipline shown amongst the players, it is common knowledge that several players are extremely partial to drinking and gambling, yet Kelly has been unwilling or unable to tackle this problem, which has IMO had a detrimental effect on certain players performances.

4) The lack of fitness displayed by many of the players since the start of the season and references made to the weight problems of certain members of the squad, again this goes hand in hand with the lack of off field discipline.

5) Kelly's poor tactical awareness and inflexiability, we play 4-4-2 whatever the opposition or circumstances.

6) The urban myth that Kelly is a good coach, he is and was part of the last two management teams and has always had a heavy involvement and influence in the coaching techniques and programmes used. Since joining the club I have witnessed a number of players who have digressed under this coaching regime - Fryatt, Stearman, Maybury, Hughes, Smith, McCarthy, Sylla to name but a few all looked very good additions to the squad but under the watchful eye of our coaches, which Kelly was and is a key player, they have all watched their careers grind to a shuddering halt. Also look at the quality of our set plays both attacking and defending and the football we play it is shocking, again key fundamentals of any decent coach.

7) The dour, dull, defensive and unentertaining football that on the whole has accompanied Kelly's first full season in charge, it has been some of the worst football seen in many a year.

8) Kelly's inability to replace Ray Graydon.

Need I say more, whilst he can point to saving us from relegation last season, I feel that the above points clearly demonstrate why he is not the man to take this club forward and why he should be replaced immediately.

1) Whilst he has had a very limited transfer budget, he has still had a squad to work with which on the whole was built with the benefit of the parachute payments, we are currently 17th and when you put that into perspective to our infrastructure, attendances and wage budget it is IMO abject failure, we should at the very least achieve a mid table to lower top half finish.

2) His judgement on players is very poor, IMO only McAuley can be really labelled as a successful signing, the others have been unimaginative and unsuccessful, even the bout of loan signings made around the time of the takeover have despite an initial upturn, now proved to be little better than there counterparts. Therefore why should he be afforded further opportunity to waste more money.

3) The clearly evident lack of discipline shown amongst the players, it is common knowledge that several players are extremely partial to drinking and gambling, yet Kelly has been unwilling or unable to tackle this problem, which has IMO had a detrimental effect on certain players performances.

4) The lack of fitness displayed by many of the players since the start of the season and references made to the weight problems of certain members of the squad, again this goes hand in hand with the lack of off field discipline.

5) Kelly's poor tactical awareness and inflexiability, we play 4-4-2 whatever the opposition or circumstances.

6) The urban myth that Kelly is a good coach, he is and was part of the last two management teams and has always had a heavy involvement and influence in the coaching techniques and programmes used. Since joining the club I have witnessed a number of players who have digressed under this coaching regime - Fryatt, Stearman, Maybury, Hughes, Smith, McCarthy, Sylla to name but a few all looked very good additions to the squad but under the watchful eye of our coaches, which Kelly was and is a key player, they have all watched their careers grind to a shuddering halt. Also look at the quality of our set plays both attacking and defending and the football we play it is shocking, again key fundamentals of any decent coach.

7) The dour, dull, defensive and unentertaining football that on the whole has accompanied Kelly's first full season in charge, it has been some of the worst football seen in many a year.

Need I say more, whilst he can point to saving us from relegation last season, I feel that the above points clearly demonstrate why he is not the man to take this club forward and why he should be replaced immediately.

:038: :038: :038: :038:

:028:

Give that man a cigar! :028: :028: :038: :038:

Fair assessment, apart from 8 - that is something that surely was not in his gift. Graydon was a board appointment. Non-replacement was, I would assume, essentially part of the cost-reduction programme.

Fair assessment, apart from 8 - that is something that surely was not in his gift. Graydon was a board appointment. Non-replacement was, I would assume, essentially part of the cost-reduction programme.

Graydon was replaced by Ian Millar, friend of RK and most definately his own appointment, Millar's previous experience was as Colin Hendry's Assistant in his ill fated reign at Blackpool and then moved to Bury. I am fairly certain that Kelly appointed Graydon as well.

Graydon was replaced by Ian Millar, friend of RK and most definately his own appointment, Millar's previous experience was as Colin Hendry's Assistant in his ill fated reign at Blackpool and then moved to Bury. I am fairly certain that Kelly appointed Graydon as well.

But Millar was brought in as an addition to the coaching staff, whereas Graydon's role was announced as a mentor/advisor for Kelly.

But Millar was brought in as an addition to the coaching staff, whereas Graydon's role was announced as a mentor/advisor for Kelly.

Millar was bought into replace the gap created by Graydon's departure and was appointed by Kelly.

Could'nt agree more as I tried to say in my earlier post but
failed at finer points

Totally agree with this point, totally right
I think the signings are actually good ones (bar Jarrett) but have become apathetic under his leadership. Horsefield really did not look bothered at all on Sat'day....
This is nothing to do with him however. There are problems with this on a wider scale in sport (Flintoff, Liverpool, La Manga) and I would imagine until something really serious happens, nothing will change - if indeed it ever will...
Too true.....
Hmmmm, 4-4-2 is ok as long as the players pass to each other...
He is a good people's man, unless you fall out of favour with him...is what I hear.
Unless of course we're playing a team wherein the lads need to work a bit harder than the pathetic displays recently.
Not his fault.

Wicked post fella'... Thought I'd add my two penneth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669