Letter From Top

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Gwilliam

From Aiyawatt Raksiaksorn Vice Chairman Of Leicester City

To Mr Alfredo Di Stefano Life President of Real Madrid,

Dear Mr Di Stefano,

Last August Leicester City played your club at the King Power stadium. As you will recall that nice Mr Mourinho returned to Madrid with a trophy that Real Madrid won that day. At this point I should say that a misunderstanding arose. The trophy was very expensive but that deceiver Mr Sven Goran Eriksson had told me that we were going to win that match and keep the trophy. However, Real Madrid added to its great history with a 2-1 win.

I asked my manager what went wrong and the wily Mr Eriksson explained that in football upsets happen. we would win it next year at The Bernabeu and anyway he was going to Everton to buy a striker who would be the new Di Stefano.

Since that match the trophy your team won on that day has been given pride of place in the Real Madrid trophy room next to the five European cups that you won (scoring in every final). I had expected that you will keep the fierce but affectionate rivalry between Real Madrid and Leicester City alive by inviting us to the Bernabeu for your main pre-season friendly.

At the moment I regret to say that no such invitation has been received and we will soon be forced to conclude that you do not want to face Leicester City again. If so can we have our trophy back.

We are due to play a pre-season friendly against Lincoln City. That wise Mr Nigel Pearson tells us that we are more likely to beat Lincoln City than Real Madrid.

I would add that in the short book of Great Argentinians you rank much higher than that squalid Maradona and second only to Gabriela Sabatini.

Yours sincerely

Aiyawatt Raksiaksorn

Once upon a time there was a football season. But it ended and then everyone was sad. The end.

From Aiyawatt Raksiaksorn Vice Chairman Of Leicester City

To Mr Alfredo Di Stefano Life President of Real Madrid,

Dear Mr Di Stefano,

Last August Leicester City played your club at the King Power stadium. As you will recall that nice Mr Mourinho returned to Madrid with a trophy that Real Madrid won that day. At this point I should say that a misunderstanding arose. The trophy was very expensive but that deceiver Mr Sven Goran Eriksson had told me that we were going to win that match and keep the trophy. However, Real Madrid added to its great history with a 2-1 win.

I asked my manager what went wrong and the wily Mr Eriksson explained that in football upsets happen. we would win it next year at The Bernabeu and anyway he was going to Everton to buy a striker who would be the new Di Stefano.

Since that match the trophy your team won on that day has been given pride of place in the Real Madrid trophy room next to the five European cups that you won (scoring in every final). I had expected that you will keep the fierce but affectionate rivalry between Real Madrid and Leicester City alive by inviting us to the Bernabeu for your main pre-season friendly.

At the moment I regret to say that no such invitation has been received and we will soon be forced to conclude that you do not want to face Leicester City again. If so can we have our trophy back.

We are due to play a pre-season friendly against Lincoln City. That wise Mr Nigel Pearson tells us that we are more likely to beat Lincoln City than Real Madrid.

I would add that in the short book of Great Argentinians you rank much higher than that squalid Maradona and second only to Gabriela Sabatini.

Yours sincerely

Aiyawatt Raksiaksorn

Pearls before swine David most of the Talking Balls chat line talk balls anyway.They resort to gormless one liners and crude jibes at their mates.Seriously unfunny.

As the comedy hero of this site, I feel it only right to review the opening post of this thread. Now as I see it, David Gwilliam is a well educated fellow but not in the field of humour. His posts are often long, torrid affairs to which I cannot help but grimace as I consume his words. This particular post has me wondering if Mr Gwilliam has anything left to offer. Poorly composed, seldom witty and dry of any reason, I cannot award it any more stars than three (out of 100). Poor show.

As the comedy hero of this site, I feel it only right to review the opening post of this thread. Now as I see it, David Gwilliam is a well educated fellow but not in the field of humour. His posts are often long, torrid affairs to which I cannot help but grimace as I consume his words. This particular post has me wondering if Mr Gwilliam has anything left to offer. Poorly composed, seldom witty and dry of any reason, I cannot award it any more stars than three (out of 100). Poor show.

Post of the year.

Well-educated - no I am just a simple man with a liking for chocolate eclairs, old buildings and good whisky.

Torrid - I can sympathise with all the post except the word "torrid". My understanding is that torrid involves being hot.

Dry of any reason - I don't understand this but I expect it is true

Joe Fox - It is clear that Joe Fox, astute as ever, has seen through me. Three of of a hundred - why even Syd would have got more!

It wasn't rolling on the floor funny but it was quite amusing. Ignore them David,it didn't feel like a waste of time reading and you can't say that about a lot of posts on here.

I know very little about humour but find the notion that we should sign Heskey hilarious, if that helps?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670