LEVEIN IN FOR GARY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe_Fox said:
I think Connolly IS the answer and expect him to bang in many more goals next season.

Can CL risk going into next season with connelly as our main striker? I dont think so

I like him but if we are to aim for promotion we need a better striker, and I think that it to risky to rely on connely because he aint exacly set the world on fire this season.

I hope he comes good, but can city afford to wait and see? I dont think so.

step said:
Joe_Fox said:
I think Connolly IS the answer and expect him to bang in many more goals next season.

Can CL risk going into next season with connelly as our main striker? I dont think so

Connolly

Do people continue to spell his name wrong deliberately because they know it annoys me?

Anyway, in our position I'm not sure we can get much better than Connolly, all clubs are looking for prolific goalscorers and they don't grow on trees.

I'm sure he'd be near the magic 20 goal mark for the season if we'd been playing better as a team - or if he'd had a decent player alongside him all season.

And to debunk the myth that you need a 20 goal striker in this league...

Sunderland's top scorer has 16 league goals this season - that's only 3 more than Connolly.

But they've had other strikers scoring goals - we haven't.

I'd be happy to see Connolly as our main striker if he's getting the right support from the rest of the team.

webmaster said:
And to debunk the myth that you need a 20 goal striker in this league...

Sunderland's top scorer has 16 league goals this season - that's only 3 more than Connolly.

But they've had other strikers scoring goals - we haven't.

I'd be happy to see Connolly as our main striker if he's getting the right support from the rest of the team.

I do think you need to try and play your way out rather than hoof it. :D :D :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

What we needs is three strikers that get at least 50 goals between them and get the midfielders to chip in.

homer said:
fosseboy83 said:
very fiesty Webbo! keep it up :smt011

Unlikely these days

We set you up with lines like that and ... bang you come in. ;-)

I think Connolly may be offered the opportunity to play elsewhere. Just a feeling. I get the same feeling that Gudjonsson will be offered the opportunity to ply his trade elsewhere. :D :D :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

I've been wondering who will come in for Connolly too. He's not a bad player. Like many strikers & players, they don't just go into a team & hit it off straight away. Look at how Pablo Angel started off at Villa, then the season after he was cracking them in.

I can't see us getting anyone in better than Connolly, he's showing signs now of coming good & I believe he will. Personally I think he will hit 20+ next season.

The problem with that villa shite called Pablo Angel, is he started his comeback against us. Bar steward.

I agree with ever thing you say "Who-Izzet. But you obviously have your doubts, or you would not write "I believe" and "I think"
Can you/ do you think we should wait and see? Is it worth the risk?
Currently, I can see no greater danger in my life. (sad as some may think)

If I was CL and the future of a club that is as big as city had to "wait and see". Think about it, I would, and I am worried about our ability to get the ball in the back of the net.

Lets not have any doubts. We need a cottie or two

The problem with that villa shite called Pablo Angel, is he started his comeback against us. Bar steward.

I agree with ever thing you say "Who-Izzet. But you obviously have your doubts, or you would not write "I believe" and "I think"
Can you/ do you think we should wait and see? Is it worth the risk?
Currently, I can see no greater danger in my life. (sad as some may think)

If I was CL and the future of a club that is as big as city had to "wait and see". Think about it, I would, and I am worried about our ability to get the ball in the back of the net.

Lets not have any doubts. We need a cottie or two

We used to have Joachim and Roberts up front who nearly always both finished in double figures. We need a player like Iwan Roberts up front - a big target man with a good finish on him. De Vries may be answer but only if he learns to play football (and sharpish!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669