Leyton Orient

Status
Not open for further replies.
"thewhites" is creating a thread in the City forum. This should be interesting.

and our game in hand is v colchester right?

getting to 10 games on 23 points will see us top after roughly quarter of the season.

3 wins and 1 draw from the next 4 games is a tough ask though: unless you consider that they are against Hartlepool, Colchester, Huddersfield and Yeovil. The highest of whom is tenth, with only Hartlepool in the top half.

3 wins and 1 draw from the next 4 games is a tough ask though: unless you consider that they are against Hartlepool, Colchester, Huddersfield and Yeovil. The highest of whom is tenth, with only Hartlepool in the top half.
3 wins and one draw against those teams is the least I'll be expecting.

Last edited:
We won and thats all that matters.Don't care how or why anymore
I care, because I always worry about going into the next game.

A win is a win, and you're right, 3 points is the most important thing. But we really need to start finishing our chances otherwise it could be very, very costly.

I had a ticket for the Leeds match today but I was too ill to go, so I won't be able to tell him how crap his team is.

I highly doubt that he went to the Orient game, but I'm sure that won't stop him from slagging us! :icon_roll

You clearly weren't at the game then. We were awful at best and were certainly second best.

We were a shambles defensively. Too often runners weren't tracked from midfield and we let them manouvre the ball into crossing positions far too easily. We gave the ball away too much, but still looked like scoring. 3 points is 3 points and i don't really care how we play (esp away from home) if we win, but we need to show a bit more maturity. I'm delighted that we have a team of energy, youth and enthusiasm, but I'd like King, Gradel, Gilbert, Morrison etc to grow up a little bit. That said, 3 points = happy.

I just got back from the game (I live in New Cross) and wasn't particularly impressed with how we played, especially second half. I thought Gradel was awful after doing well when I saw him against MK Dons and Tranmere.

However, I am impressed that we can still win and get goals when we don't play well.

I care, because I always worry about going into the next game.

A win is a win, and you're right, 3 points is the most important thing. But we really need to start finishing our chances otherwise it could be very, very costly.

quite. It would also be nice to not be pegged back for an entire half by a shite team.

It wasn't smash and grab, but we were hardly convincing. Far too often the ball was surrendered easily and better teams than Orient will make better use of their possession.

I was glad to see Adams make a much better fist of things on the right than Gradel. He played with a bit of passion and it raised the fans and the team a little. Gradel hid after the first 20 minutes when things stopped going our way.

Some nice work from King today, inducing an excellent touch in the build up to the first goal and he finished the 3rd confidently. Howard got a lovely assist for Dyer's opener. Campbell did his best to miss before Fryatt stuck in the 2nd, but I agree with those who say these goals paper over the gaping cracks in his game. Dickov must be grinding his teeth every time Fryatt scores.

Last edited:
If ever a scoreline didnt tell the story of the game, this was it. make no mistakes, we were terrible against a very poor side.

But 3 points in the bag, phew :)

You clearly weren't at the game then. We were awful at best and were certainly second best.

No I wasn't at the game and it does not take much to work that one out.

But if a team is pushing you all the way, and they don't score, then you have to say the defence is doing its job surely?....:102:

If a team is pushing and scoring then thats far different.

I could watch matches like todays week in week out, and enjoy them 100% if we win. Winning is everything.
A game is 90 minutes and you don't have to score the goals spread throughout the game do you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566