Post Match Liverpool 1 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor start and took our time to work ourselves into the game but that 2nd half was magnificent, fully deserved the point. If we show that level of performance and intensity every week, Claude is in a job for a long time, just hope he can start getting that consistent level of perfomance most weeks, if we do we can really go places with the majority of this squad.

I thought the 2nd half was a very smart performance, largely helped by Ndidi not being shit.

You saw an entire City’s bottom lip wobble tonight, they really don’t have it in their heads to win this. Same old story. Robert Huth has more nerve in his little toe than than that entire football club does.
I really ****ing hope so. I really do. I've no love for Man City but my loathing of Liverpool goes back decades. Not just LFC either. I've mentioned it before but it bears repeating. I detest Liverpool as a football club, as a city & as a concept. I'd rather spend a weekend in ****ing Mordor than Merseyside. Every Scouser I've ever met has been a complete arsehole. Every single one. & I've met plenty. Whining, bitching, professional victims spending 70 years feeling sorry for themselves & expecting everyone else to join in. They can **** off. I'd napalm the place just for a laugh.

Last edited:
Lolz at them wearing New Balance gear. I bet half of them are caught frostbite on their arses after that display.

Shouldn’t we be happy with 11th? I’m not sure what the “Carragher” threshold is to allow us to complain about our league position any more.

Somewhere below the position we once finished in that was significantly higher than he ever managed in his overrated career I'd imagine. I don't really care though. ****ing Scouse no-mark.

Great point superb defensive display, scousers crying Maguire should have been off before he scored happy days.

I’d like to see a better angle to see if Gray had a view of Maddison, who should have scored at least 1 goal, running in at the back stick

Shouldn’t we be happy with 11th? I’m not sure what the “Carragher” threshold is to allow us to complain about our league position any more.

According to Robbie Savage (twat), our average Premier League position is 12th so we should be happy. Delirious and as grateful as f**k.

We’ve dropped to 11th thanks to Bournemouth doing Chelsea over.
That's the shame of it. A great performance and a good away point at the league leaders negated by poor performances at home against sides that we should have been beating easily.

As I said in pre match thread - "Liverpool will be complancent after ManCity loss yesterday - we'll surprise 'em"
It certainly surprised a lot of people - agree with other posters here - our back four did a great job tonight under difficult playing conditions.
Another thought - can City complain to the FA about LFC only clearing one part of the pitch of snow at half time?

Glad that Evans put in a decent shift. He was definitely not earning a starting place a couple of months ago. Does this make Morgan third choice CB now?

I agree, Wes has the odd good game in him still - just enough to make people think he should be in the team. I'd put him 4th behind Soyuncu, who needs some opportunities to develop

Really good result and possibly an even better performance.

Possibly lucky with the Maguire & no penalty decision but neither were clear cut and we probably had the better of the chances with Maddison in the first half and Gray in the second.

No bad performance from any of our players and the point was even more pleasing after Liverpool dirty tactics of only clearing their half of the pitch of snow. No rule breaking though as far as I am aware but goes against the spirit of the game and the sort of tactic expected of a non league team against a big un in the cup.

First team outisde the top 6 to take points off Liverpool and with the amount of young players in our team, the future really does seem bright for us.

If we can just sort out these diabolical starts we could be going somewhere really good again.

Great performance and deserved result. Poor start again really needs addressing. I want to see us really flying out of the traps next game. Frustrating that we had them on the ropes and then just eased off the accelerator and played back in the last 5-10mins but after the Wolves game you can't complain too much about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363