Post Match Liverpool 2 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good goals? I thought they were superb. Liverpool are awful but we played well.

well deserved, maybe deserved more

Liverpool were absolutely piss poor and if it wasn't for the ref we would have won.

Bar the last 15 minutes they didn't look like creating a thing in open play.

From minute one we were absolutely excellent. Mahrez and Schlupp will be big big misses for us. Fantastic goal from Nugent and cracking finish from Schlupp.

Can't fault any of the lads today and if we play like that for the rest of the season, we give ourselves a fantastic chance.

Top stuff, one Nigel Pearson!

Good play and great character shown by us to come back. Schlupp seems to be improving on a weekly basis. I suspect the players may be a bit disappointed not to have taken all three points.

Good play and great character shown by us to come back. Schlupp seems to be improving on a weekly basis. I suspect the players may be a bit disappointed not to have taken all three points.

Brilliant from our boys - but Mike Jones will be gutted that Liverpool didn't come away with three points after his first half performance

The lads are showing fantastic mental strength at the moment, I feared the worst after the Spurs game but they are resolute, an incredibly encouraging characteristic when faced with our situation.

Amazing team goal capped off by Nuge.

Without 12 players on the pitch the Scousers would have taken nothing from today's match. It's high time something was done to prevent such abysmal refereeing.

But, four points from two matches: The Great Escape is my favourite seasonal film.

I looked at the lineup before the game and thought that it signalled a negative approach, hoping to contain Liverpool but I was pleasantly surprised that I was wrong. As for Liverpool being poor, was this due to the way Leicester played?

If Morgan's face didn't look like a hand we could have had three points :( unlucky.

If you look at the cost of the two teams on the pitch, where both teams were at the end of last season, expectations for this season, plus Liverpool were at home and were gifted a 2-0 lead, if you're a Liverpool fan you've got to wonder what the hell went wrong.

This is a massive result, just coming back was huge. Villuh and Stoke next, 6 points would be beautiful and definitely take us off the bottom.

NP said:

"Throughout the game we were dangerous. Showed our intent from the start

Delighted for the players. Put so much energy into the game. Showed we're a good side.

Showed composure and resilience

Have to build on the last two results.

Really pleased with the way we responded to the disappointments of the first half."

NP was very contained in his response to being asked about the two penalties, opting to try and wrangle it round to bringing technology into the game. It was evident he was very pissed off with the decisions and rightly so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566