Post Match Liverpool 2 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Schlupp has got better and better. He's so quick and strong when he's got the ball and has been clever enough to use his to get out of some difficult situations. He showed how good he can be today. But there have been other games where he really hasn't got involved.

He's not the finished article, but he's got all the attributes to do well at this level.

I think Schlupp has got better and better. He's so quick and strong when he's got the ball and has been clever enough to use his to get out of some difficult situations. He showed how good he can be today. But there have been other games where he really hasn't got involved.

He's not the finished article, but he's got all the attributes to do well at this level.

^^ This - and it's easy to forget he's only 22, so still very young.

At the match today, New Years treat!! The ref was as poor as i have seen for a good few years. Great come back from Leicester. Two good goals and apart from the last 15 minutes where i thought we sat back Liverpool did not look like they would score. In addition the atmosphere in the stadium was awful, the Liverpool crowd was as quiet as church. I was quite shocked at the lack of atmosphere.

I've always been a fan of Schlupp. He was good at left back - not so much for his defending but for the way that in carrying the ball forward he'd just as soon cut inside as take the traditional route down the outside, confusing his marker. And in left midfield, he's always done the expected things well (apart from the airshots and hideous miscues in front of goal, obviously). What he's started to do over recent matches is move further into the middle of the pitch - breaking up more attacks and starting new moves. Clever football, really, developing in each role he's given.

At the match today, New Years treat!! The ref was as poor as i have seen for a good few years. Great come back from Leicester. Two good goals and apart from the last 15 minutes where i thought we sat back Liverpool did not look like they would score. In addition the atmosphere in the stadium was awful, the Liverpool crowd was as quiet as church. I was quite shocked at the lack of atmosphere.
Loved the ironic handball chants from our crowd.

I've always been a fan of Schlupp. He was good at left back - not so much for his defending but for the way that in carrying the ball forward he'd just as soon cut inside as take the traditional route down the outside, confusing his marker. And in left midfield, he's always done the expected things well (apart from the airshots and hideous miscues in front of goal, obviously). What he's started to do over recent matches is move further into the middle of the pitch - breaking up more attacks and starting new moves. Clever football, really, developing in each role he's given.

Schlupp- the Ghanian Bale!

Just watched motd, the first penalty decision was a joke, the second one was also a joke but perhaps a tad more forgivable?

If we can keep playing like this we can do it. Other teams are still yet to have their true shitter of a run. Hopefully ours is now behind us. Great performance and gutted not to have won, which is saying something considering we came from 2 goals down!!

Just watched motd, the first penalty decision was a joke, the second one was also a joke but perhaps a tad more forgivable?

Not picking at you here Camby, but going to have a rant here..

Neither are forgivable. The law states handball must be deliberate, Simpson was pulling his arm away from the ball and it hits him. Add to that the fact Coutinho is 3-4 yards away, what can he do?

Refereeing standards are absolutely embarrassing, this is supposed to be the league where the best referees in this country are, yet week in and week out we are watching officials get basic decisions wrong.

Look at the Swansea game, Rob Green was not even close to being in his area, yet the linesman gives nothing? I just don't get how they miss such basic decisions. I think the officials are petrified of making a decision for the fear of being torn to shreds in the media the following day. They have lost their bottle as individuals and a collective group.

I understand sometimes you can have a tough call and it can genuinely go either way, but you watch any episode from this season's MOTD and you can bet there is a referee who has made an error on a basic decision. It is happening all the time, it really is just unbelievable.

Officials will make mistakes, as they are only human, but the key is in other sports they have taken advantage of technology to rectify human error. This really isn't difficult, just introduce technology and help the officials out. If there is a contentious decision that can potentially affect the outcome of the game then review it. If it shows that technology cannot convincingly prove the referees decision wrong, the decision originally made by the official stands. It really isn't rocket science and how sports like Rugby and Cricket have used this for years, yet goaline technology was only recently introduced I will never understand.

FIFA need to wake up, football is a million miles behind other sports in terms of technology use and officiating standards.

Last edited:
Not picking at you here Camby, but going to have a rant here..

Neither are forgivable. The law states handball must be deliberate, Simpson was pulling his arm away from the ball and it hits him. Add to that the fact Coutinho is 3-4 yards away, what can he do?

Refereeing standards are absolutely embarrassing, this is supposed to be the league where the best referees in this country are, yet week in and week out we are watching officials get basic decisions wrong.

Look at the Swansea game, Rob Green was not even close to being in his area, yet the linesman gives nothing? I just don't get how they miss such basic decisions. I think the officials are petrified of making a decision for the fear of being torn to shreds in the media the following day. They have lost their bottle as individuals and a collective group.

I understand sometimes you can have a tough call and it can genuinely go either way, but you watch any episode from this season's MOTD and you can bet there is a referee who has made an error on a basic decision. It is happening all the time, it really is just unbelievable.

Officials will make mistakes, as they are only human, but the key is in other sports they have taken advantage of technology to rectify human error. This really isn't difficult, just introduce technology and help the officials out. If there is a contentious decision that can potentially affect the outcome of the game then review it. If it shows that technology cannot convincingly prove the referees decision wrong, the decision originally made by the official stands. It really isn't rocket science and how sports like Rugby and Cricket have used this for years, yet goaline technology was only recently introduced I will never understand.

FIFA need to wake up, football is a million miles behind other sports in terms of technology use and officiating standards.

I don't disagree with any of your post but as NP said post match he has seen them given and seen them not. It wasn't a penalty but (although not a penalty in the laws of the game) the ball (at least) hit his arm. Still shit though.

I thought De Laet had a great game considering he hasn't played for a while and was playing at Left Back for a change. A much better option than Konchesky.

Agree with #9 entirely on technology.

Two obvious examples in the league today in Green and our first penalty.

They were simply wrong decisions and easily correctable.

Think the difference over the past 3 games has been Nugent coming back into the side.

Regardless of whatever you think of his merits as a player, he gives balance to the attack. Drops off in between the attack and midfield and allows his strike partner to do the glory work.

Ulloa and Vardy just weren't working as a strike force whatsoever. Got to stick with either Nugent and Ulloa or Nugent and Vardy atm.

Also have more confidence in Hamer than Schmeichel right now too tbf.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570