Post Match Liverpool 3 Leicester 1 EFL Cup

It is what it is. No point of dwelling. Less matches to play going forward, focus on the league, run out for our second best team.

How on earth this keeper is ahead of Iversen I’ll never know. What a complete **** up at the end there.

Best outcome for us. Sure, would have been nice to win having taken the lead. But, a respectable defeat to Liverpool is the best way to go out.

I wasn’t expecting to win, but I was expecting to lay more of a glove on them than that. It was a pummelling, the scoreline flattered us immensely.

Ah well. An important message for us I think. If we get promoted we can’t be under the illusion that there isn’t an enormous gulf between the Championship and where we hope to be. Staying up (and I’m not counting any chickens in terms of promotion) will still require significant investment.

Odd to think we were winning for most of that game….

Albrighton and Souttar probably won’t get on the pitch again this season unless something goes catastrophically wrong and rightly so given the way we insist on playing at all times.

Unfortunately it looks like Casadei will need a lot more game time to get up to speed which is worrying because he’s hopeless in this state.

I’m ready for Daka to take Nacho’s place for good. If not then we’d better hope this Cannon lad is ready soon.

Justin looked a bit lost on the left side of defence so hopefully he picks it up or we rearrange because surely Coady or Vestergaard can’t play there.

Ricardo doesn’t have the legs to do that much defending and chasing.

Keeper was shocking with his feet but it must have been like some kind of waking nightmare for the poor kid.

Not that any of it particularly matters because we played a bizarre combination of players against a greedy six plastic scab club with a tame ref. The only surprising thing is no one got sent off or did an ACL.

I'll focus on the positives:

- A superb early goal from Mcateer. Great assist and finish. His legend grows.
- 90 minutes under Coady and Souttars belts
- Daka got a wee run out
- Thought Yunus looked very handy
- Good reminder for the team that they are still far off the levels they aspire to
- We don't have to worry about this competition anymore
- No major injuries that I saw

On a slightly sour note Casadei and Nacho look miles off it. Don't think we can rely on either at the moment.

We move on.

How on earth this keeper is ahead of Iversen I’ll never know. What a complete **** up at the end there.
Because Iversen is not immune to ****ing up too - Fulham away last season, for example - and he kicks every single ball out of play. That's why.

Because Iversen is not immune to ****ing up too - Fulham away last season, for example - and he kicks every single ball out of play. That's why.
I'd rather our goalkeeper kicks the ball out of play every time, than pass it to the opposition every time.

Ah well. An important message for us I think. If we get promoted we can’t be under the illusion that there isn’t an enormous gulf between the Championship and where we hope to be. Staying up (and I’m not counting any chickens in terms of promotion) will still require significant investment.
I said it in the match thread....this is why having the likes of Akgun, Fatawu, Doyle, Casadei is good because if they don't perform, we send them back.

Luckily, Hermansen, Winks and Mavididi have played well this season. It looks like they should be able to step up. If we get promoted, we'll have access to a much higher calibre of players.

Enzo said it at the start of the season - a goalkeeper who can play and pass out like Hermansen is indispensable for how he wants to set up. Defenders are the same. None of those who can do that we're involved. Souttar and Stolla don't fit the system.

I still think the kicking the ball out of play thing was the work of forgotten genius Dean Smith.

Considering most wanted us to concentrate on the league or thought there's no way we would win and taking into account half our team were reserves, we got exactly what majority wanted.
Not disappointed to lose, just thought those who were given a chance to show their worth, didn't.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4563