Post Match Liverpool 3 Leicester 1 EFL Cup

I'll focus on the positives:

- A superb early goal from Mcateer. Great assist and finish. His legend grows.
- 90 minutes under Coady and Souttars belts
- Daka got a wee run out
- Thought Yunus looked very handy
- Good reminder for the team that they are still far off the levels they aspire to
- We don't have to worry about this competition anymore
- No major injuries that I saw

On a slightly sour note Casadei and Nacho look miles off it. Don't think we can rely on either at the moment.

We move on.
I agree that Akgun played well.

Disappointing

Our back up players simply aren’t good enough to play this system - the keeper cannot pass to save his life, Souttar is genuinely ****ing dreadful, and Hamza just cannot do what Winks does.

Add that to a completely finished Albrighton, a headless chicken in Casadei and a total and utter ****ing joke of a player in Iheanacho and it all looks a bit of mess

Doesn’t help when Ricardo also has a complete stinker

The first eleven/twelve have got it and can do the business - the rest are a ****ing mile away

Iheanacho should never play again. He’s a total twat

Disappointing

Our back up players simply aren’t good enough to play this system - the keeper cannot pass to save his life, Souttar is genuinely ****ing dreadful, and Hamza just cannot do what Winks does.

Add that to a completely finished Albrighton, a headless chicken in Casadei and a total and utter ****ing joke of a player in Iheanacho and it all looks a bit of mess

Doesn’t help when Ricardo also has a complete stinker

The first eleven/twelve have got it and can do the business - the rest are a ****ing mile away

Iheanacho should never play again. He’s a total twat
I don’t get Nacho. There is quality in there but he’s determined to convince us otherwise. Looking forward to seeing what Cannon can offer.

We deserved to lose, no doubt.

I don't think I've ever been so annoyed at a referee. He was ****ing awful and a complete home bottling ****.

Shame about the performance and shame we lost - I personally think it would have been useful to have won this competition, in that it would have given us a European place and if ( not counting chickens either) if we gain promotion, a start in the prem with a euro place might help us attract/keep better players.
Anyways, onwards and upwards!

Shame about the performance and shame we lost - I personally think it would have been useful to have won this competition, in that it would have given us a European place and if ( not counting chickens either) if we gain promotion, a start in the prem with a euro place might help us attract/keep better players.
Anyways, onwards and upwards!
Of course it would. But we were never going to win it.

It’s an annoying game to have had to be honest. When you are riding high you ideally don’t want a fixture like this one. Hopefully we respond well on Sunday.

End of the day Anfield is a tough place to go even for the best of teams. We basically got beat by a worldie. It was a fair effort but a few negatives were that Nacho just was never involved and Ricardo and Casadei both had pretty poor individual performances. Too many gaffes each. Casadei at the minute looks like Soumare mkII. Well off the pace which is bizarre as he started pretty well in the first game or two....

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4563