Pre Match Liverpool v Leicester EFL cup qf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Justin had a set back and now appears to be part of the 'ill' group. He will need some U23 games but they're being cancelled too at the moment. I doubt he'll be playing first team football for at least another month.

Fofana's return is also sliding. Initial hopes that he would be back in December were dashed by BR who now indicates February. Again he'll need U23 games so we're probably talking March for a first team return.
Whilst it is a shame that the return of Fofana a is delayed I think the management are happy he's not going to be fit in the transfer window

That is one way to look at it.

My concern would be though that condensing the remaining games into a shorter period means we're probably going to pick up more injuries when we do get playing again.

Hopefully not though, and at least bringing Justin, Fofana and Ricardo back in strengthens us defensively.

If we don't end up playing again until January too, it potentially gives us time to get an extra defender in too, and if they are able to train at some point, time to work on corners!
Not to mention the probable rule change to allow more substitutes and give the big sicks/scum clubs a goal head start.

I'd quite like to win this game

From the Beeb ..

Leicester midfielder Wilfred Ndidi told LCFC TV: "It's been difficult because we haven't really had time to train as a group.

"We have to follow the protocol and it's been difficult because we haven't been together as a group. We've been training individually because of Covid-19, but we will just see what comes."

From the Beeb ..

Leicester midfielder Wilfred Ndidi told LCFC TV: "It's been difficult because we haven't really had time to train as a group.

"We have to follow the protocol and it's been difficult because we haven't been together as a group. We've been training individually because of Covid-19, but we will just see what comes."
Three sentences all saying the exact same thing

Any chance Liverpool roll out the kids?

I see Klopp has been meaning about fixture pile ups.

EDIT: Looks like the ressies, mainly:

1640108942065.jpeg

It will be interesting to see what team we put out for this (assuming covid leaves us with enough players to have a choice).

Do we assume we'll get nothing from Manchester City, play a weakened team against them, and have a stronger team for the Liverpool matches?

Bearing in mind we can use five subs tomorrow, so can change half the outfield players once we have the game won...

It will be interesting to see what team we put out for this (assuming covid leaves us with enough players to have a choice).

Do we assume we'll get nothing from Manchester City, play a weakened team against them, and have a stronger team for the Liverpool matches?

Bearing in mind we can use five subs tomorrow, so can change half the outfield players once we have the game won...

I forgot we had Man C coming up. They’ve won 8 in a row and on one of their title winning marches. We’ll have very few players fit or with any match fitness. They’re out of the League Cup for once. What an awful time to play them.

It's a mockery of a sham of a sham of a mockery, but if we get to the semi or the final then I'm sure everyone will be happy.
After 10 days, if people are fit then they should play and ring the changes if we get a significant lead. Looks like ndidi amartey, castagne, Ricardo, Thomas could be fit so we should be able to muster a defence. We have a lot of players going forward and so should be looking to put then under pressure if they play a young side.

Keen for us to win this.

It's a mockery of a sham of a sham of a mockery, but if we get to the semi or the final then I'm sure everyone will be happy.
After 10 days, if people are fit then they should play and ring the changes if we get a significant lead. Looks like ndidi amartey, castagne, Ricardo, Thomas could be fit so we should be able to muster a defence. We have a lot of players going forward and so should be looking to put then under pressure if they play a young side.

Keen for us to win this.
Yes

Then if we can go for glory & win the whole thing we can have another stab at the Euro Intertoto Vauxhall Conference Third Division (North) Trophy Cup next season in case we **** it up this time around.

Only modern football could come up with a way to actually punish you for winning a trophy.

LM suggesting that Amartey has already left to join up with his national side for the ANC. So he won't be available tonight.

Soon to be joined by Ndidi, Iheanacho, Lookman and Mendy.

Apparently Liverpool are set to play a bunch of kids.

LM suggesting that Amartey has already left to join up with his national side for the ANC. So he won't be available tonight.

Soon to be joined by Ndidi, Iheanacho, Lookman and Mendy.
I don't want to hear any bedwetting from BR about this.

Apparently Liverpool are set to play a bunch of kids.

I would quite like us to go as strong as possible and ****ing murder them at home.

More likely is we play a strong side and don't ****ing murder them at home but lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566