Pre Match Liverpool v Leicester EFL cup qf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always been a fan of a mid winter break.

Though I've been sceptical about the "saviour" status TB has long accorded to the possible return of Fofana (and less plausibly) Justin, I'll order a box of myrrh from Amazon in anticipation of when City return, one or more of them will be there.

Always been a fan of a mid winter break.

Though I've been sceptical about the "saviour" status TB has long accorded to the possible return of Fofana (and less plausibly) Justin, I'll order a box of myrrh from Amazon in anticipation of when City return, one or more of them will be there.
In other words, having two very good players back is a good thing, right?

We should have the covid crew that missed Napoli available for this so there is a good chance this will go ahead.

That assumes they haven't tested positive since then though and that other players don't continue to test positive.

If we can't play it though, we should just forfeit this one as catching up on all the games, plus the Euro Paint Cup, will be too much for us and this match surely has to be the least priority.

Under 23’s game tonight has been cancelled due to COVID in the squad

Technically speaking. The only potential upside of this whole sorry ****ing mess of a 4th wave/new variant might be that we get a fully fit squad back for a greater proportion of the season and that we stand a slightly lower chance of losing Tielemans in Jan that we might otherwise have done.
I don't know how bad Justin's setback was, but if him and Fofana are back in Jan and Evans, Soyuncu, Ricardo etc have had a great rest then we could be set for a great last 22 games and cup run to enjoy once we are back up and running.

Technically speaking. The only potential upside of this whole sorry ****ing mess of a 4th wave/new variant might be that we get a fully fit squad back for a greater proportion of the season and that we stand a slightly lower chance of losing Tielemans in Jan that we might otherwise have done.
I don't know how bad Justin's setback was, but if him and Fofana are back in Jan and Evans, Soyuncu, Ricardo etc have had a great rest then we could be set for a great last 22 games and cup run to enjoy once we are back up and running.

That is one way to look at it.

My concern would be though that condensing the remaining games into a shorter period means we're probably going to pick up more injuries when we do get playing again.

Hopefully not though, and at least bringing Justin, Fofana and Ricardo back in strengthens us defensively.

If we don't end up playing again until January too, it potentially gives us time to get an extra defender in too, and if they are able to train at some point, time to work on corners!

What's the news on JJ and Fofana?

What's the news on JJ and Fofana?

Justin had a set back and now appears to be part of the 'ill' group. He will need some U23 games but they're being cancelled too at the moment. I doubt he'll be playing first team football for at least another month.

Fofana's return is also sliding. Initial hopes that he would be back in December were dashed by BR who now indicates February. Again he'll need U23 games so we're probably talking March for a first team return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363