Pre Match Liverpool v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you aren't interested in playing at all then?

They are not infallible, we need a measured approach that at least allows us to carry some threat.

Liverpool are at their most dangerous when they don't even need to think about the opposition attempting to play.

Of course. Our full backs, Maddison and Tielemans/Praet would all support Vardy.

We need to address their main threats and counter them.

Barnes/Perez have been of very limited effectiveness.

Barnes/Perez have been of very limited effectiveness.
Yes they have upto a point, but both carry a goal threat (either scoring or assists)
Liverpool will dismiss them at their peril.
Sheff Utd got behind L’pool defence, so can we with the right attitude

An interesting challenge for our Brendan

Shit our pants, and just set up to try and combat what they can sometimes do best (so BN's line up) or have confidence that we are good enough to simply play our game and let them worry about us rather than the other way round (so go with last week's line up)

Sadly, I think he'll go down the BN route, in which case we'll lose

I'm not sure whether we should play a 2-3-5 or a W-M. Either way, last thing they'd expect.

Our last eight league results at Anfield:

LLLDLLLD

Last time we won there was in the final days of O'Neills time at the club. We'd sold them Heskey a few weeks before and went there and beat them 2-0 in May 2000. Heskey, Owen and Fowler failed to score past Arphexad, who clearly impressed them so much they then bought him too.

An interesting challenge for our Brendan

Shit our pants, and just set up to try and combat what they can sometimes do best (so BN's line up) or have confidence that we are good enough to simply play our game and let them worry about us rather than the other way round (so go with last week's line up)

Sadly, I think he'll go down the BN route, in which case we'll lose

I completely agree with you Homer. And yes, I'm scared by this too!

Schmeichel

Ricardo
Evans
Soyuncu
Chilwell

Ndidi

Barnes
Tielemans
Praet
Perez

Vardy

Attack, attack, attack.

I think there’s a case to be made to try and keep this game subdued/frustrate Liverpool, especially with them having some (minor) struggles last two games.

Not sure I’ve convinced myself, but I definitely won’t be as annoyed as I was with united if we decide to play Chouhdury with Ndidi.

Our last eight league results at Anfield:

LLLDLLLD

Last time we won there was in the final days of O'Neills time at the club. We'd sold them Heskey a few weeks before and went there and beat them 2-0 in May 2000. Heskey, Owen and Fowler failed to score past Arphexad, who clearly impressed them so much they then bought him too.

The last time I was there

I am going this weekend too

If we're ever going to play Ndidi and Choudhury together, Liverpool away is the time to do it...

I definitely think trying to frustrate them is the right way to go. Sheff Utd battled and closed down quickly last week and they did a good job and lost to a goalkeeping error.

I don't think we can complain about playing 2 defensive mids in this game.

Ride the expected early storm, then exploit the holes left by TAA and Robertson

This.

Defensively they are so vulnerable out wide.

It's a shame we will be ultra narrow

Judging by last night they are not great at the back, plenty of width and let Vardy make the runs and stretch them. I would leave Madison on the bench for this one, the only doubt I have is whether or not Perez will track back and support his full back. let's be honest he did not have to in the last game, We are 5/1 to win this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757