Pre Match Liverpool v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw a Facebook post asking if our fans would take a 0-0 in this game if offered now.

I'd bite your hand off!

I'd even take a 1-0 loss if you offered it now! Think we're on for an absolute hiding here.

I’m out for a few beers with mates today and one of them (a non Leicester supporter) suggested we might want to watch it later. No thanks, don’t really want to spoil a good day out.

I'm going to be having one of my regular Friday evenings. Music and a beer or three.

I don’t know what all these magic options we have are that people want to see.

If he plays Nacho or Perez he’ll be accused of random selection out of nowhere. Although without Madders and potentially Praet we’re going to have to try something different in an attacking sense as otherwise we just won’t create anything.

If he brings in Cags and plays 3 at the back it will be the usual negativity around our approach to big six matches.

One thing for certain is we need the old Wilf back in the team. Problem is we lost him sometime around 2020.
if he plays Perez he has to play him as a 9, I am one of Perez biggest critics although he has been consistently played out if position imo.

it will be the same formation and probably the same team hopefully we will see some effort shown tonight.

I feel Thomas will be a car crash and if Barnes starts will do nothing to help him. trying to remain positive about us at the min, if the attitude is right and the work rate is there it will be a good start.

Head-to-head
  • Liverpool have lost two of their last three Premier League games against Leicester, as many as they had in their previous 17 versus the Foxes.
  • Leicester are winless in each of their last 12 away matches against the Reds in all competitions (D3, L9).
  • Their last win at Anfield was a 2-0 Premier League victory in May 2000 courtesy of goals by Tony Cottee and Phil Gilchrist.

Liverpool

• Liverpool are guaranteed to be outside the Premier League top four at the turn of the year for the first time since the 2015-16 campaign, when Jurgen Klopp had been manager for fewer than three months.
  • The Merseysiders have won three consecutive league games for the first time since winning their final three fixtures of last season. The Reds won only four of their opening 12 league matches in the current campaign.
  • They have kept just four clean sheets in their 19 Premier League games since the start of May, with only Southampton, Leeds and Aston Villa keeping fewer amongst ever present top-flight sides.

Leicester

• Leicester have not been in the bottom half of the Premier League table at the turn of the year since the 2016-17 season, when they were reigning champions.
  • They have recorded five wins against Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool in league and cup, a joint-high with Manchester City. All five of the Foxes' victories were at the King Power Stadium.
  • Brendan Rodgers' side conceded as many goals in their 3-0 defeat against Newcastle on Boxing Day as they had in their previous 10 matches in all competitions combined.
  • The last time they both lost and failed to score in consecutive league games was October 2020.
  • The Foxes are aiming to win four straight away league games without conceding for the first time in their history.

I'd bring in Perez. He's looked better than most since the restart. I'd also bring in Ndidi. He just cannot be any worse than Soumare.

Of he leaves Vardy out again for Daka then he can actually **** right off.

Didn’t we beat these 1-0 at home this time last year ?
Same again (at their place you pedantic twats )

Didn’t we beat these 1-0 at home this time last year ?
Same again (at their place you pedantic* twats )
Think you mean pessimistic, which I’ll admit is somewhat pedantic of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363