Speculation Lloyd Dyer to leave?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FryattFox

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27259853

Lloyd Dyer: Winger set for Leicester City departure

Lloyd Dyer is expected to leave Leicester City after contract talks with the Premier League-bound club broke down, says BBC Radio Leicester.
Winger Dyer's current deal runs out this summer, although he has been offered a one-year extension.
The 31-year-old has made 266 appearances and scored 39 goals since joining City from MK Dons in 2008.
Dyer scored the winning goal at Bolton last month to seal the Championship title for the Foxes.

:icon_sad:

Re: Lloyd Dyer to be released

It would be sad as he has been an excellent servant for us but I don't think having him in the squad next year would be the difference between survival and relegation.

He is one of my favourite players but I wouldn't let him hold the club to ransom. It's debatable how much he would start next season anyway so I think it is completely understandable the club would only offer him a one year deal.

Even more so when considering he actually has very little skill and only pace to beat a player. Given his age, his pace won't be there forever.

If he'd rather go and play for Ipswich or 'Boro or suchlike just because he gets a 2 year contract as opposed to giving the Prem a crack on a one-year deal with us then so be it and it will be much more his loss than ours.

I have a feeling this is agents or representative getting ahead of themselves. I do not see Lloyd being an important part of our first team next season. Simply lacks the composure on the ball and I think would be punished for his clumsiness in the PL. Perhaps his representatives think differently?

A real shame, he has been a great servant to the club ( yes I know he gets paid well for doing it ) and has been involved in some crucial goals this season. Best of luck Lloydy!

I think it was sensible for the club to only offer him a year, Lloyd is not someone that will age well in my opinion. Especially if he gets a couple of injuries. Fair play to Lloyd for not just taking the year and a chance to play in the Prem again after a long absence.

I have some absolutely beautiful memories of Lloyd and I'll probably end up crying when he disappears down the tunnel tomorrow. The most thrilling and explosive (only some of the time, admittedly) Leicester player in a while.

It's a bit like the end of Toy Story. We've out grown Lloyd in some ways but it will be very, very difficult to say goodbye.

Last edited:
I think it was sensible for the club to only offer him a year, Lloyd is not someone that will age well in my opinion. Especially if he gets a couple of injuries. Fair play to Lloyd for not just taking the year and a chance to play in the Prem again after a long absence.

I have some absolutely beautiful memories of Lloyd and I'll probably end up crying when he disappears down the tunnel tomorrow. The most thrilling and explosive (only some of the time, admittedly) Leicester player in a while.

It's a bit like the end of Toy Story. We've out grown Lloyd in some ways but it will be very, very difficult to say goodbye.

Best analogy ever! :icon_lol:

Last edited:
He proved he can do a very good job in the Championship this year, which despite he age was his best season for us. I didn't think he had it in him to be honest, and certainly don't think he'd make any impact in the EPL. Given his age I think it's much more important for him to continue playing regularly, so don't begrudge him leaving at all - I'm sure he'll do a good job, end up playing longer and make more money from going to an Ipswich, Blackburn, or, dare I say, Forest.

If he leaves, clubs will be queuing up to sign him, says it all really

I always thought he'd have a last 15 minute use because of his pace. But particularly this season and especially after Mahrez came in, I can't really remember a game where this has actually materialised. Disappointing to see him go, but he's been a great servant and I wish him luck wherever he goes.

Finally, our club is learning from its mistakes.

Offering safer contracts for the clubs future, not cash handouts to players who may not make the grade.

Im a happy man.

Offering a one year deal is spot on. He deserves that for his service over the last five years. However, he'd only realistically play a bit part for us next year. Beyond that, I can't see a role for him.

I also think Dyer rejecting this is the right move for him too. He's 31, needs a two year deal as a winger, so he's doing the right thing for his future.

Outcome, he gets a two year deal from a mid range Championship side this summer. Thanks and move on.

Last edited:
I'm quite sure he would be better off having year in the top flight and then dropping to the championship if need be.

That Toy Story analogy is absolutely beautiful. :')

He was erratic and inconsistent, but on his day he could tear teams apart. He's been a good servant to us and he scored some really crucial goals over the years and always gave it his all. A player I'll remember fondly in years to come.

Thanks for the memories, Lloyd.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure he'll do a good job, end up playing longer and make more money from going to an Ipswich, Blackburn, or, dare I say, Forest.

... and get another promotion bonus at the end of next season, having helped his new team into the Prem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566