Loan Watch 2019-20

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBC Leicester Sport
@BBCRLSport

BREAKING: Andy King has returned from a loan spell with Rangers.

Brendan Rodgers: "He didn’t play as much as he'd like and is training with us at the moment. He’ll look for a club for the second half of the season. For all parties it was the best decision to come back.

It’s a shame how his career has sharply declined over the last few years.

its a shame Swansea went down when they did, he would have stayed there permanently had they survived

Daniel Iversen - Rotherham United, 90 minutes in 2-3 defeat to Hull City (FA Cup)

- Total Appearances: 27

- Total Clean Sheets: 7

Josh Knight - Peterborough United, injured - out until February

- Total Appearances: 18

- Total Goals: 2

Layton Ndukwu - Southend United, no match played
- Total Appearances: 10

- Total Goals: 0

Ryan Loft - Carlisle United, subbed on in the 80th minute in 2-2 draw at Cardiff (FA Cup)

- Total Appearances: 29

- Total Goals: 5

Sam Hughes - Salford City, unused sub in 1-2 loss against Walsall (League Two)

- Total Appearances: 7

Kamal Sowah - OH Leuven, no games played (Belgian First division B)

- Total Appearances: 21

Andy King - Rangers, no involvement in 1-2 win over Celtic (Scottish Premiership)

- Total Appearances: 5

Loan terminated!

Islam Slimani - Monaco, unused sub in 2-1 win over Stade Reims (French Cup)

- Total Appearances: 13

- Total Goals: 6

Adrien Silva - Monaco, subbed on in the 69th minute of 2-1 win over Stade Reims (French Cup)

- Total Appearances: 17

Fousseni Diabate - Amiens, subbed on in the 77th minute of 0-0 (5-4 pens) loss at Rennes (French Cup)

- Total Appearances: 13

Rachid Ghezzal - Fiorentina, unused sub in 1-1 draw at Bologna (Serie A)

- Total Appearances: 9

its a shame Swansea went down when they did, he would have stayed there permanently had they survived

It's as though he thought he was good enough to demand a PL move.

He should have gone to Swansea and actually used the last year's of his career properly.

they couldn't afford him after relegation

That’s down to him.

Better to take a slight pay cut and actually have a career or earn the same and sit in your hotel room doing **** all for a few years.

That’s down to him.

Better to take a slight pay cut and actually have a career or earn the same and sit in your hotel room doing **** all for a few years.
mate after regelation there were in a financial mess, it wouldn't have been a slight paycut, when Potter took the job he had to slash their wage bill hugely, there was no possible way he could have signed for them.

He went to Derby and basically did a Mendy and got a season ending Ankle injury in his first or second match or he probably would have signed for them last summer after a successful loan

suppose it depends on how big the difference is, if its a slight difference it might be worth moving its its tens of thousands per week non of us would take that pay cut so why should he, and he is a model pro so never an issue him being around the club either

I just don't understand why a model pro would be happy to stay on our books and get punted around to shit like the SPL.

He has barely even featured in one of the worst top leagues in Western Europe.

Surely he needs to be pushing for a real move

We rewarded King with a contract that he'd never have got elsewhere. I think we're all fine with that based on his contribution to our development over the years.

However, it then left him in limbo. He is too expensive for anyone else (at his level). The only solution would be for us to pay most of his wages whilst he plays elsewhere. This is something we've ended up doing for loads of players that we've given contracts to and then outgrown, so I don't suppose we'd have been against doing so with King either.

The difference with King has been his reluctance to leave City. Again, that's understandable but has ruined the last couple of years of his career and has just made him a risky signing for other clubs.

Daniel Iversen - Rotherham United, 90 minutes in 1-3 win at Oxford United (League 1)

- Total Appearances: 28

- Total Clean Sheets: 7

Josh Knight - Peterborough United, injured - out until February

- Total Goals: 2

Layton Ndukwu - Southend United, no involvement in 0-0 draw at home to Tranmere (League 1)

- Total Appearances: 10

Ryan Loft - Carlisle United, subbed on in the 52nd minute in 0-3 loss to Plymouth (League 2)

- Total Appearances: 29

Sam Hughes - Salford City, 90 minutes in 3-0 win against Port Vale (Football League Trophy) & 1-2 loss to Northampton (League 2)

Kamal Sowah - OH Leuven, 70 minutes in 2-3 win at Union Saint-Gilloise (Belgian First division B)

- Total Appearances: 22

Islam Slimani - Monaco, subbed on in the 65th minute and scored in 3-3 draw at PSG (Ligue 1)

- Total Appearances: 14

- Total Goals: 7

Adrien Silva - Monaco, subbed on in the 85th minute of 3-3 draw at PSG (Ligue 1)

Fousseni Diabate - Amiens, subbed on in the 69th minute of 1-2 loss to Montpellier (Ligue 1)

- Total Appearances: 14

Rachid Ghezzal - Fiorentina, unused sub in 1-0 win against SPAL (Serie A)

I wonder what Kamal Sowah's future is, he has spent all of his LCFC career on loan at OHL, I wonder if that's a work permit thing or not ass I doubt he qualifies not being an International

I wonder what Kamal Sowah's future is, he has spent all of his LCFC career on loan at OHL, I wonder if that's a work permit thing or not ass I doubt he qualifies not being an International
many years ago Belgium was seen as a gateway into Europe and gaining fast track citizenship.

It is, yeah. Used to be that Belgium would naturalise anyone who’d lived there three years, but I believe that’s no longer the case. No idea how Brexshit is going to affect all this anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757