Lock your doors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarby

I normally do however last night the inside door didnt shut all the way in after i had shut it.

I was up stairs when i heard a noise, i thought it was a bird in the attic however something didnt feel right. I went downstairs and as i did a burglar ran out the door, i chased him but he had too much of a head start.

Lucky he didnt get anything. I went around to neighbours after the police said they had lots of reports of this in the area and a couple said they saw a group of lads outside my back garden.

I realise it was stupid to chase but i was angry and pumped up ready to whack the fecker.

I would hate the same to happen to anyone on here so please double check. It is common now for the lowlifes to try doors to see if they are unlocked. that way if caught they have no tools on them.

I realise it was stupid to chase but i was angry and pumped up ready to whack the fecker.

I've had a similar experience in the past, not with a potential burglar though.

At the time you feel as if you are invincible but later you worry about what may have happened if you had actually caught up with them.

Amazing what a rush of indignant fuelled adrenaline can do!

At the time you feel as if you are invincible but later you worry about what may have happened if you had actually caught up with them.

It's not worth it, just let them go. I saw three lads trying to break into one of my sheds and I actually got one of them and roughed the **** up, I had blood all over me and he struggled free as I dragged him back to my house. When the police arrived and I told them what happened, they told me if they found these lads they would be back to nick me for assault FFS! The law is NEVER on your side.

It's not worth it, just let them go. I saw three lads trying to break into one of my sheds and I actually got one of them and roughed the **** up, I had blood all over me and he struggled free as I dragged him back to my house. When the police arrived and I told them what happened, they told me if they found these lads they would be back to nick me for assault FFS! The law is NEVER on your side.

Unless you are the burglar:bang:

It was bob-a-job week and you did ask them to cut your lawn to be fair...

Unless you are the burglar:bang:

If it happens again I will tell the OB I was mugging him.

Thinking about it I could have had his wallet and mobile, I know I got his ear ring!

What were they then?

A couple of years back we fell pray to this, had someone come up our back garden and into the kitchen whilst we were sat watching TV in the living room. I only knew about it when I went to get something out of my car and it wasn't there, they'd picked up the keys from the kitchen.

Now I'm that paranoid whenever I leave the kitchen window open I make sure al my keys are upstairs.

my old boss got burgled, they just went for the car keys in the kitchen and had the car

It'd be nice to think they'd break into the wrong type of person's house :) Some bloke who used to live down the road from me found two burglars in his garage, decided he'd beat them both up, chain them to his garage door and lift it to the roof. The police turned up to find him sitting having a tab on his doorstep and two badly beaten men whose faces were crushed against a garage roof. All three got in the shit

I worked for some people who used to put all their car keys on top of a chest of drawers in their porch. One night some lad turned up with a hook on the end of a long cane and managed to steal all their keys and pinched one of their cars. Even though the lad was caught the next day they had to change all their locks on their house and cars.

A few years back I'd fallen asleep downstairs and was woken by a noise at the front door and thought I heard it being closed. This shook me awake and having heard stories of house and car keys being nicked I became ultra alert and waited around at the end of the hall in readiness.

Sure enough I didn't have to wait long. All the lights in the house were off so against the streetlight in the street I could see the outline of about 3 or 4 figures, then the door opened slightly and an arm reached in towards the key rack. I leaped into action and launched myself at the front door and closed it on the guys arm!

I then opened the front door to see these figures running down the close where we live as though their lives depending on it and running around the corner with me in pursuit and then disappearing probably down one of the other cul-de-sac's. Thing is not sure what would have happened had they stood their ground as I was by myself.

I'm now very cautious at night and lock the front door all the time even before tea time and in the day if the kids aren't in.

at christmas some little shit put a brick through me ma & pa's window and yanked the flat screen away, if some little shit ants to cause a problem they will

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566