Looking a little bare!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Babylon said:
Joe_Fox said:
Babylon said:
Joe_Fox said:
I think the idea behind the cull is to regenerate. Let's face it, we will need at least 10 more players for next season so I for one am excited - who will we get?

10 players?? With what money?? The wage bill had to be cut from 20mil to 10mil cus of relegation which is why we let so many go. If we sign another 10 the wage bill would be massive again!?

I guarantee that we will sign at least 10 more players before the season begins.

guarantee!!! that is a strong word. I hope your correct.

Trust me, at least 10.

Joe_Fox said:
Babylon said:
Joe_Fox said:
Babylon said:
Joe_Fox said:
I think the idea behind the cull is to regenerate. Let's face it, we will need at least 10 more players for next season so I for one am excited - who will we get?

10 players?? With what money?? The wage bill had to be cut from 20mil to 10mil cus of relegation which is why we let so many go. If we sign another 10 the wage bill would be massive again!?

I guarantee that we will sign at least 10 more players before the season begins.

guarantee!!! that is a strong word. I hope your correct.

Trust me, at least 10.

Easily

The last time we were in div one our wage bill was 16.5million, when we went up micky was given 4mil to add to that in wages or fees. Bringing the total to just over 20mil.

Paul mace said this years budget was half of last years , which makes it a 10mil budget (he actually mentioned 10mil). Which is why we have shed so many players as Micky had to get over 10mil off the books.

The 10mil budget includes fees and wages of new players he wants to buy and old players wages already on the books. If you think he has 4 mil to spend that means the wages of players we have at the moment don't total over 6 / 6.5mil.

Although Walker and Elliot combined must take up about 2.5 / 3mil!!

Elliott/Walker/Jones/Scowcroft/Benjamin take up more than 40% of the budget!!!

Would be a great help if we could try and offload at least one of them....

Re: very bare

Babylon said:
dpjfox said:
Dont forget sir Les and Marcus )last night sresult has helped!, plus all these top youngsters we keep hearing about

We still need a few fresh faces but have faith in MA, we will get some better replacements than what left, Muzzy apart!

errr with what exactly.... the reason they left is we couldn't afford to keep them, not that micky didn't want them!

anyway my origional point was made as dpg said we would get in better quality than those that had left. i'm not saying we won't get in a load of players, i just cant see them being quality.

What is our wage bill now that we've got rid of all these players? I imagine that we will have a few million at least to bring players in, including wages. 10 buys on no more than £250k a year wages, easy pickings.

Malf said:
What is our wage bill now that we've got rid of all these players? I imagine that we will have a few million at least to bring players in, including wages. 10 buys on no more than £250k a year wages, easy pickings.

shitting pickings

delusion order of the day

:cry:
MA showed last season that the strategy was wrong, the tactics were frequentlywrong and the player he trailed the most pre season was Nalis-enough said
He is already complaining about the budget!
He really aint that good

According to a report i read we can expect a "host" of new faces.

scary jester said:
According to a report i read we can expect a "host" of new faces.

Scary Jester - do you want to be in the sweepstake? It's free.

Scowcroft said:

Jones :wink:

Scowcroft said:

Well, Jones has gone, hopefully we can get rid of Elliott to Ipswich with Bent coming to ours, on less money!

alex said:
Scowcroft said:

Well, Jones has gone, hopefully we can get rid of Elliott to Ipswich with Bent coming to ours, on less money!

That aint gonna happen. Some way or another, we would still have to pay the majority of Elliott's wages as he wont give up his contract.

alex said:
Scowcroft said:

and play who at centre half? :shock:

alex said:
Me, I'll have a go...

Alternatively, a new signing ala Danny Cullip?

I'll have a go too, Matty Elliott could never run and he did ok. :p

but seriously, Cullip would be a good signing I think. I've been on the Brighton OS forum asking about him and they all seem to rate him highly and clearly won't want him to go...they seem to think that they'll want £1 mill for him at least too....but what do fans know ay :wink:

I think with Dabizas and Thatcher probably going, getting rid of Elliott would be a mistake, as we'd only have Matty Heath that can play centre half (excluding any possible signings)! we'll need at least 3 centre halfs I expect, Stearman is probably still a bit young.

I still hope Thatcher doesn't go to be honest, but depressingly you would be right in this case; my god, we really NEED Elliott back; doesn't bode that well...

I think Thatcher and Dabizas will both leave. I would be upset about Thatch but the lad can play at a higher level.

So we need defensive cover. I rate Cullip but once again I thought we had a better chance of getting him last season when Brighton went down and we went up. I dont think we will get him now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3882
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3967
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757