LOROS Away Shirt

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.lcfc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10274~1574968,00.html

Leicester City are today delighted to announce a partnership with LOROS that will see the charity's name carried on the club's away shirt for the 2009/10 season.

As part of the club's celebrations for their 125th anniversary, supporters were given the chance to vote for what they wanted to see on the front of the home shirt.

A huge majority of fans chose to keep the shirt blank - but there was also a large following who wished to see the club tie in with a charity.

And after listening to those supporters, chairman Milan Mandaric announced that he would be handing the away shirt sponsorship to a regional charity.

Over 50 organisations submitted applications, and after initially whittling it down to a short-list of four the club can now confirm that LOROS will be displayed on the front of the club's away shirt next season.

Lee Hoos, LCFC Chief Executive, said: "It has been an extremely difficult selection process as you can imagine because there are so many worthwhile causes in the region.

"From the original list of over 50, we whittled it down to four charities. They then each presented to a panel, which included a representative from the fans' consultative committee.

"We were very impressed with all of the charities that came in to present to us, but in the end we decided that LOROS would benefit the most from an association with the football club.

"We are very pleased to have chosen such worthwhile cause and I am sure that the fans will be happy with our choice.

"But while LOROS will be featured on the shirt it isn't the end of the road for the other charities as far as the work we do in the community in concerned.

"This is a very exciting time for this football club and we are very thankful to our supporters for coming up with the idea in the first place."

Simon Proffitt, LOROS Chief Executive, added: "Everyone connected with LOROS will be delighted to be the chosen charity partner for Leicester City in their 125th Anniversary year.

"This is a fantastic opportunity for us to work with the club in order to raise awareness of the hospice care services LOROS provides and also help us raise the £4million which the provision of these services costs each year. The partnership will extend throughout the season when LOROS hopes to have completed the funding of its £2million building extension. We will also commemorate the 25th Anniversary of the opening of the hospice.

"Being selected is a fitting tribute to the charity and recognises the valuable work of LOROS and our generous supporters across Leicestershire and Rutland.

"I would like to wish the Foxes every success in this season's promotion bid. We hope fans will be wearing the new away strip to Championship games next season!"

City plan to unveil the new away kit in the late spring.

Not living in Leicestershire, I have never heard of LOROS - but I am sure that a provider of hospice care will be a very popular choice. Just been looking at their website and they are just over halfway to collecting the £2M they need for the extension they are planning - let's hope that this link with the club helps them reach this target and push beyond it.

:038: Well done, LCFC. :038:

Not living in Leicestershire, I have never heard of LOROS - but I am sure that a provider of hospice care will be a very popular choice. Just been looking at their website and they are just over halfway to collecting the £2M they need for the extension they are planning - let's hope that this link with the club helps them reach this target and push beyond it.

:038: Well done, LCFC. :038:

Big thumbs up!!!

We all know the club has a habit of making a hash of things ("foxes forever" anyone), but they have listened to the fans on this one. To have a plain home shirt and a charity away shirt is win win as far as I'm concerned.

LOROS is a great organisation for us to support..

It's the chosen charity of the band I play in. We do a charity concert for them every year and have raised £17,500 over recent times.. Sadly a mere drop in the ocean compared to the £4m they need evey year.

Well done City :038:

Its the one I wanted so happy with that :038: My boys band will be able to wear city shirts when doing Mallory next year. :038:

Its the one I wanted so happy with that :038: My boys band will be able to wear city shirts when doing Mallory next year. :038:

Will Gok Jupitus fit into one?

:038::038::038:

Excellent choice indeed, my best friend a city fan got cancer a couple of years ago and the service they offered in the last few weeks of his life was second to none and free. He was only 26 :icon_sad:

Last edited:
Still not quite sure how this is expected to raise money for them. Do they get a percentage of shirt sales, or are they relying on the shirt to boost awareness?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669