Luton Player Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see the same old crap comes out when a player who people like to criticise gets slagged again even when they played well.
Johnson was our best player by some distance. Worked his socks off and gave the best performance i've seen from him in a city shirt.
Why is it so hard to give credit when credit's due?

I see the same old crap comes out when a player who people like to criticise gets slagged again even when they played well.
Johnson was our best player by some distance. Worked his socks off and gave the best performance i've seen from him in a city shirt.

Spot on Muttley :038:

100% correct

I'd say that Yeates was our best player, with Nissa and Johnson not far behind. AJ's best game in a city shirt by a country mile

Last edited:
I'd agree with Yeates and Johnson, but I though Nissa had another poor game, he seemed to get caught out alot, but I may just be being biased!

Johnson was better than I have seen before, but only the best in a bad team I thought, nobody looked special. Yeates has some nice touches, just wanted one too many sometimes.

I think we need to give Logan another chance, Henderson never collects crosses and I think it's a reason we keep loosing so many headed goals.

johnson played well up to the time his legs went and that was 10 minutes into the second half. Stearman was a waste of space. The only creative player in the team was sold. Stearman could not pick a forward pass if his life depended on it. It really shows that RK is so afraid of losing that he won't even countance wining

I'd agree with Yeates and Johnson, but I though Nissa had another poor game, he seemed to get caught out alot, but I may just be being biased!

Johnson was better than I have seen before, but only the best in a bad team I thought, nobody looked special. Yeates has some nice touches, just wanted one too many sometimes.

I think we need to give Logan another chance, Henderson never collects crosses and I think it's a reason we keep loosing so many headed goals.

saying nissa has not been playing much of late he did well IMO better than PK as he was having to cover for him most the game and PK kept losing his man too

Henderson 3
Maybury 2
McAuley 4
Kisnorbo 2
Johansson 1
Yeates 3
Hughes 0
Johnson 1
Porter 2
Hume 2
Horsfield 2

Stearman 1
Hammond 2

Henderson 5
Maybury 4
McAuley 6
Kisnorbo 6
Johansson 5
Yeates 7
Hughes 4
Johnson 7
Porter 5
Hume 5
Horsfield 6

Stearman 5
Hammond 6

Henderson 6

Maybury 1 mistake after mistake always puts us in trouble
johansson 6
McAuley 6
Kisnorbo 6

Yates 7 great first display in new surroundings...at least he takes players on, gets a good cross in and not afraid to shoot
Hughes 0 Disgrace, he's non exsistant display is a position where we need a leader....way to lightweight.....get rid!!
Johnson 7 best display i've seen him play...about bloody time!!
Porter 5

Hume 5
Horsfield 5

was there a reason for weslowski's absence other than being dropped? I think it is about time he was given a run in the side. after all there are plenty of other players who are cack week in week out.

was there a reason for weslowski's absence other than being dropped? I think it is about time he was given a run in the side. after all there are plenty of other players who are cack week in week out.

like replacing Hughes....at least wes doesn't mind getting stuck in

Henderson 5 - Will never be good enough if we are too have serious aspirations of challenging for the play offs no way did he warrant a contract extension of those proportions

Maybury 4 - Devoid of confidence and you can clearly see he does not want to be here.

Kisnorbo 6 - Steady but way short of his best

McAuley 5 - Struggled yesterday, tries to play too much football and at times gets caught out

Johansson 5 - Worked hard and supported well in first half, however he looks what he is a centre half out of position and his lack of pace is embarrasing.

Yeates 7 - Looked bright and sharp, unbelieveable decision to take him off, I am sure by the time our coaching staff have finished with him he will be a shadow of the player that shined yesterday.

Hughes 4 - Very poor, lightweight and onimous.

Johnson 6 - Touches of class and experience, however woefully lacking energy and pace, slows the tempo down too much for my liking.

Porter 4 - Got in some great positions in loads of space, but you are playing mens football FFS demand the fecking thing, if you don't get it then feck the head off someone we cannot afford shrinking violets.

Horsfield 6 - First half awful, looked well out of touch, 2nd half looked a handful and hos hold play was very good, give him 3 or 4 games he will prove a valuable addition.

Hume 6 - Drifted in and out never really stamped his authority on the game.

Subs

Stearman 6 - Unbelievable decision by Kelly to put him in centre midfield, a defensive move if ever I saw one, however he did ok and worked hard for the team.

Hammond 5 - Another unbelievable decision, replacing Yeates, should have been the ineffective Hume oe the tiring Horsfield, and if Kelly had any balls at all he would have taken Maybury off and gone 3 - 4 - 3 but that was never going to happen.

Last edited:
I thought Nissa played well considering he's been out for a while, had some good forward runs and tried to get in amongst their defenders to put the ball forward.
Johnson played the best I've seen him play, he still drops back a bit too deep for me but was causing them problems.
Stearman is just an oxygen thief, he couldn'tt keep posession if his life depended on it, far too much of a lightweight for me.
Horse was Ok considering, but he plays too much with his back to goal.
Hume was fairly anonymous I thought.
The switching between Levi and Yeates worked well and caused them a lot of problems I think that could be a tactic that could work weel for us (so we probably won't see it again!!).
Set peices are still a problem at both ends despite what they say about practicing on the training ground.
Too many back passes to Hendo, too negative for me.
What spoilt it for me as well were 3 officials that couldn't make a decision if they tried (except for the advantage for our goal).
Do we not play handball any more?
The orange linesman in the 2nd half never raised his flag until he'd seen what the ref had given.

Henderson 6

Maybury 6
johansson 7
McAuley 6
Kisnorbo 6

Yeates 7
Hughes 5
Johnson 6
Porter 6

Hume 6
Horsfield 7

Im glad weve brought in Horsfield, he looks like the sort of player who will throw his weight around.
Something we have been lacking recently.

I thought Nissa played well considering he's been out for a while, had some good forward runs and tried to get in amongst their defenders to put the ball forward.
Johnson played the best I've seen him play, he still drops back a bit too deep for me but was causing them problems.
Stearman is just an oxygen thief, he couldn'tt keep posession if his life depended on it, far too much of a lightweight for me.
Horse was Ok considering, but he plays too much with his back to goal.
Hume was fairly anonymous I thought.
The switching between Levi and Yeates worked well and caused them a lot of problems I think that could be a tactic that could work weel for us (so we probably won't see it again!!).
Set peices are still a problem at both ends despite what they say about practicing on the training ground.
Too many back passes to Hendo, too negative for me.
What spoilt it for me as well were 3 officials that couldn't make a decision if they tried (except for the advantage for our goal).
Do we not play handball any more?
The orange linesman in the 2nd half never raised his flag until he'd seen what the ref had given.

Totally agree with most of that.
Johansson was in my opinion our best player today.
Stearman is a good player. But playing in the midfield is a waste of what ability he has. He looks for the nearest pass and half the time it doesnt work.
Keep him in defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47