Macedonia v Jocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont see why the **** anyone would want the republic of ireland to do well-they hate us so why should back them? The medias annoying as well-why the **** do the BBC even give them the same coverage on football focus as wales scotland and northern ireland when there not even part of Britain!?

They show Republic of Ireland on Football Focus as BBC is shown in Ireland, makes sense to have people watching methinks? I've been to Ireland many a time and found very few people that actually hate the English, there is obviously quite a number that do but quite a number that don't

They show Republic of Ireland on Football Focus as BBC is shown in Ireland, makes sense to have people watching methinks? I've been to Ireland many a time and found very few people that actually hate the English, there is obviously quite a number that do but quite a number that don't

And quite a few that are indifferent.I think us English actually make the mistake of thinking that we are so important that people from other countries must have an opinion on us

And quite a few that are indifferent.I think us English actually make the mistake of thinking that we are so important that people from other countries must have an opinion on us

jealously, thats all it is :icon_lol:

I've been living in Ireland for 28 years and cannot recall a single incidence of hostility towards me based on my Nationality. It is true though that when it comes to sporting events a lot of people have an "anybody but England" mentality, despite most of them following English premiership teams. I've given up watching England matches in the pubs here.

I've been living in Ireland for 28 years and cannot recall a single incidence of hostility towards me based on my Nationality. It is true though that when it comes to sporting events a lot of people have an "anybody but England" mentality, despite most of them following English premiership teams. I've given up watching England matches in the pubs here.

Living up here I've noticed that the only country's people who want us to win are the Germans:icon_conf

When i lived in New York i had countless run-ins with thick headed irishmen. Some leading to fisticuffs

Fights...............4
Wins.................4
Losses..............0
ko....................2

Ok i probably shouldnt have used the word hate. What i was trying to get across was that they don't want us to do well, so why do our media insist on being so good natured towards them? There an independent country, there not a part of the UK so why treat them that way when it comes to football? You don't see football focus wishing the French National Team well. They shouldn't get any more coverage then any other european nation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669