Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.
He once had a severe bout of food poisoning from some Red Leicester cheese. Also, the recipe came from Rusty Lee's cookbook.

Does anybody know why Danny Mills has such a problem with LCFC or is it just because he's a cock?

Well, he's certainly a cock.

But I think some of it has to be that City made pundits like him look absolutely stupid, and given the alpha-male, tough guy persona he's not taken kindly to it.

Well, he's certainly a cock.

But I think some of it has to be that City made pundits like him look absolutely stupid, and given the alpha-male, tough guy persona he's not taken kindly to it.
He's an out of touch tosser. I seem to recall him decrying the FSF " Twenty's Plenty " campaign re away ticket prices last season. A pillock of the highest order.

Isn't he an 'expert' adviser to the FA as well?

Makes sense as to why England are so poor when they turn to half-wits like him.

Always thought he was lucky to play for a PL team let alone England!!

I usually don't have a real issue with Danny Mills as a pundit, he's not the best but not the worst. He seems quite articulate compared to those half wit Shearerisms you often hear 'He done great to make that ball'.

Can't say I was impressed with his comments (pre FA Cup Semi) about the prospect of the Leicester Watford Charity Shield being embarrassing on the world stage, and how far behind La Liga we've fallen.

Seems he's trying to make a name for himself by playing devils advocate against the romance our little story has kicked up. Either that or he is just ****in dull.

I'll give you a name Danny Dull Cnt bigmouth Mills.

Various stories today saying that Arsenal are not interested in Mahrez but that Everton are. Given that Everton can't sign him I think we can probably take it all with a pinch of salt.

The more I think about it, the more unlikely it seems to me that he'll leave this summer.

There are only four teams in England that could realistically afford him at circa £50m which must be around the level we'd demand. Man City wouldn't need another player of that type having signed two (De Bruyne and Sterling) for huge money last year. Man Utd have stated that they want four players, they've signed three and are putting all their cash into re-buying Pogba. Arsenal need a striker and central defender and cannot seriously want another midfielder, I simply don't believe those rumours. That leaves Chelsea as the only realistic option and I don't think an attacking midfielder would be my priority there - they need defenders/strikers much more.

So, I've come to the conclusion that he won't move to another English side. With that discounted, who can afford him and who would he want to move to? PSG, Barcelona, Madrid or Munich are the only realistic options. The only one of those that seems practical is Barcelona. Mahrez has said that he's always dreamed of playing for them and if they came calling, we'd be hard pressed to keep him happily.

So, the real question is, are Barcelona likely to spend around £50m to sign an attacking player that will have to earn a place ahead of one of Messi, Suarez and Neymar? The answer is surely no. If one of the other three sides suddenly express an interest, maybe get a bit worried - but can you see any of them doing so? I can't.

Therefore, panic over everyone. He isn't going anywhere until the right option exists for him and us. If one of those three Barcelona forwards were to leave, then we may well lose him. But none seem likely to go anywhere soon. If one of the big four (financially) in England want him next summer, it's a distinct possibility that he'll want to move on if we're not the force we were last season again. But what else could realistically happen?

The more I think about it, the more unlikely it seems to me that he'll leave this summer.

There are only four teams in England that could realistically afford him at circa £50m which must be around the level we'd demand. Man City wouldn't need another player of that type having signed two (De Bruyne and Sterling) for huge money last year. Man Utd have stated that they want four players, they've signed three and are putting all their cash into re-buying Pogba. Arsenal need a striker and central defender and cannot seriously want another midfielder, I simply don't believe those rumours. That leaves Chelsea as the only realistic option and I don't think an attacking midfielder would be my priority there - they need defenders/strikers much more.

So, I've come to the conclusion that he won't move to another English side. With that discounted, who can afford him and who would he want to move to? PSG, Barcelona, Madrid or Munich are the only realistic options. The only one of those that seems practical is Barcelona. Mahrez has said that he's always dreamed of playing for them and if they came calling, we'd be hard pressed to keep him happily.

So, the real question is, are Barcelona likely to spend around £50m to sign an attacking player that will have to earn a place ahead of one of Messi, Suarez and Neymar? The answer is surely no. If one of the other three sides suddenly express an interest, maybe get a bit worried - but can you see any of them doing so? I can't.

Therefore, panic over everyone. He isn't going anywhere until the right option exists for him and us. If one of those three Barcelona forwards were to leave, then we may well lose him. But none seem likely to go anywhere soon. If one of the big four (financially) in England want him next summer, it's a distinct possibility that he'll want to move on if we're not the force we were last season again. But what else could realistically happen?
I also think that, given how much we may ask for him, the foreign clubs you mention may wish to see how he gets on in the Champions League, before spending a fair wedge on him.

I also think that, given how much we may ask for him, the foreign clubs you mention may wish to see how he gets on in the Champions League, before spending a fair wedge on him.

And then the piece goes up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570