Speculation Major Shake-Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are our owners deliberately trying to piss their money up the wall? Why on earth would they employ a pair of sozzled, trough-slurping old farts with pretty appalling records of football management?

Dave Richards was an absolute disaster of a club chairman at Sheff Wednesday and an embarrassment in his own business failures. His record of losing money and making bad decisions is exemplary. He's systematically exploited role after role in football administration for personal gain without any perceptible ability. As part of the old boys network, he should be pensioned off, not given a key role at a club in desperate need of energy and direction.

Yep, keep 'shit-for-brains' as manager and employ some more talentless losers to piss about alongside him. That's how to sort our issues out. What a fecking shambles.

Are our owners deliberately trying to piss their money up the wall?

When I read this speculation, this was my immediate thought. Same piss - different wall.

Do either of them play left back? If these are our only 2 signings this season I think we will struggle.

Seems quite amazing that we would want to add 2 expensive, non playing staff to our payroll when we need to stop losing about £20M a year.

Maybe we should be looking to appoint more dynamic individuals into the director of football role, I hear Joe Kinnear can do that job....

Hopefully the owners are starting to realise you need someone other than shopkeepers to run a football club.

So instead they choose an ex-director of companies involved in engineering, telecommunications and water and waste treatment, several of which entered administrative receivership? A man who Sheffield Wednesday fans describe as having given "nonsensical, extravagant contracts to expensive, non-proven Premiership players which haunt the Club to this very day"? Somebody who has led the FA and the national team through the shambles that they have become over the past few years?

It makes you wonder how the Thais have been so apparantly successful in the retail business.

They gambled and failed in their strategy of chucking money at trying to buy promotion through Sven and his high cost wash outs. Then it's into sharp reverse and cut the costs - making any chance of promotion in the near future very unlikely (in spite of the wishful thinking articles by journos of the LM. To be fair I can't believe that they are being serious). Now, the Thais respond to the need for introducing some 'football people' to the hierarchy by bringing in Sir Dave Richards!

I think many of us understood that once the gamble of the big spending ended and all the club was left with was massive debt - that potentially seriously bad times and high risk faced our club but I doubt if anyone factored in to this sad story that they would bring in Richards.

I don't know where it goes from here. I've been convinced that Pearson isn't good enough but now I feel sympathy for him. In the climate as it is and is likely to remain, he is set up to fail. The money has gone; the club is massively in debt and fans will still have what are now unrealistic expectations. He ain't that good - but I guess he's a lot better at his job than the folk who will be running the club.

So instead they choose an ex-director of companies involved in engineering, telecommunications and water and waste treatment, several of which entered administrative receivership? A man who Sheffield Wednesday fans describe as having given "nonsensical, extravagant contracts to expensive, non-proven Premiership players which haunt the Club to this very day"? Somebody who has led the FA and the national team through the shambles that they have become over the past few years?

Tbf to Biffa like myself, this was before Richards was connected with the role. After a bit research, neither Robinson or Richards have a great record.

According to Foxblogger + 4-4-2 ...

Jason Bourne‏@JasonBourne19861m
Sir Dave Richards has told BBC Radio Leicester that he's NOT becoming chairman of Leicester City Football Club. #LCFC

Retweeted by Mike McCarthy

Tbf to Biffa like myself, this was before Richards was connected with the role. After a bit research, neither Robinson or Richards have a great record.

Yes - I wasn't meaning to suggest that Biffa (or anybody else) was happy with Richards - just that I didn't agree with the then apparent new approach any more than I did when 'shopkeepers were in charge'.

Let's hope that the later news is correct.

...I doubt if anyone factored in to this sad story that they would bring in Richards.

At last something to unite the "Pearson OUT" and "Pearson should stay" brigades!
:icon_wink

Let's all hope that the worry has been for nothing.

That's a shitter, what unconfirmed speculation are people going to needlessly get their knickers in a twist about now?

If it wasn't for unconfirmed speculation, we'd each think that everybody else had gone on holiday.

According to EMN Robinson is likely to join but not as "Director of Football" Richards apparantly is joining but not as Chairman.. Like them or not the 2 of them have a football background which the Owners sadly havent, maybe they just need some help/guidance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566