MAKE LEICESTER CITY F.C TOP OF THE LEAGUE

Status
Not open for further replies.

trueblue1979

Come on ladz and lass we are slackling in the coca cola league we are currently 13th in the league with only 7,000 votes thats pretty poor i do it ever day you can only do once a day so i need your help in getting Leicester City F.C the top of something this season and get a player for craig's barmy army www.coca-cola/football.co.uk is the site its free yes free to register just help please come on :) :) :)

1 above celtic now..

PhilaFox said:
Just voted

We're 7 votes behind Celtic

We are ahead of celtic now in 12th place with 7369 votes

its never gonna happen, unless we get the guy on the PA to tell everyone in the ground to text the number or whatever, say 20,000 people do it a game then in a month its 80,000 - 100,000 votes :eek:

chrislcfc18 said:
You may as well vote for Leeds Utd. They are almost definite to win it and you get a chance to win the £10,000.

The person is picked randomly from ALL voters, not just from the team with the most votes.

Leigh said:
chrislcfc18 said:
You may as well vote for Leeds Utd. They are almost definite to win it and you get a chance to win the £10,000.

The person is picked randomly from ALL voters, not just from the team with the most votes.

Can Fans change the team they have chosen if they win?
The winner will be asked to confirm their chosen team when they are contacted. This will be the team who can access the £250,000 prize fund.

This is from the terms & conditions on the competition page. You need to vote for the winning team to have a chance of winning the £10,000.

chrislcfc18 said:
Leigh said:
chrislcfc18 said:

The winner will be asked to confirm their chosen team when they are contacted. This will be the team who can access the £250,000 prize fund.

This is from the terms & conditions on the competition page. You need to vote for the winning team to have a chance of winning the £10,000.

Good point. So what you are saying is that to get the £10,000 you should be voting for the team with the most votes to maximise your chance of winning that prize.

Then on the basis of "The winner will be asked to confirm their chosen team when they are contacted. This will be the team who can access the £250,000 prize fund." you will confirm you choice as being Leicester City.

I like it, but I think it is flawed. :-( :-( :? :? Whilst there is nothing to explicitly prevent someone change horses, there is nothing specified in the way of reward/forfeits should you do that and as such anything could happen.

Moreover if we look at the text the word "chosen" is used and that would suggest an action in the past. I believe this is the team you select when entering the competition. Failing to confirm your original choice will mean the money will not be paid.

In conclusion we might be able to get the £10,000 but we can get the £250,000 so, get voting. :D :p :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

Steven said:
chrislcfc18 said:
Leigh said:
chrislcfc18 said:

Good point. So what you are saying is that to get the £10,000 you should be voting for the team with the most votes to maximise your chance of winning that prize.

Then on the basis of "The winner will be asked to confirm their chosen team when they are contacted. This will be the team who can access the £250,000 prize fund." you will confirm you choice as being Leicester City.

I like it, but I think it is flawed. :-( :-( :? :? Whilst there is nothing to explicitly prevent someone change horses, there is nothing specified in the way of reward/forfeits should you do that and as such anything could happen.

Moreover if we look at the text the word "chosen" is used and that would suggest an action in the past. I believe this is the team you select when entering the competition. Failing to confirm your original choice will mean the money will not be paid.
In conclusion we might be able to get the £10,000 but we can get the £250,000 so, get voting. :D :p :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

The £10,000 winner will be randomly chosen from all the voters who voted for the winning team. So as it looks like Leeds are gonna win they will put all the names in to a hat who voted for them and choose 1 at random and contact them.

It wont be a case of picking a name and that person wins the £10,000 and £250,000 goes to the team they choose otherwise whats the point of voting for a particular team.

As for your second point i dont think that will matter as all the names will be chosen from the people who voted for the winning team so if your contacted then as long as you confirm your team as the winning one (i.e. Leeds) then the money is yours.

Having re-read it, the Club angle is bollox and only for the voting fan to have bragging rights. The choice is transferable but only to another Club in the same League. This is a numbers game so, get voting. :p :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

chrislcfc18 said:
Leigh said:
chrislcfc18 said:

What would be the point in changing club if you've voted for the right one? As Steven says, the winner is picked from all the voters for all the clubs, not just from the club with the most votes. Besides, Leeds got 40k suspiciously quickly, I wouldn't be surprised if half the mobile numbers on there are fake.

Leigh said:
chrislcfc18 said:
Leigh said:
chrislcfc18 said:

What would be the point in changing club if you've voted for the right one? As Steven says, the winner is picked from all the voters for all the clubs, not just from the club with the most votes. Besides, Leeds got 40k suspiciously quickly, I wouldn't be surprised if half the mobile numbers on there are fake.

The winner isnt picked from all the voters. Ok, let say it is and your name is chosen. They give you a call and ask you to confirm the team that you chose. Lets say you chose Leicester and thats the team you tell them. In which case you will not gain the £10,000 because leicester, at the min anyway, does not have access to the £250,000 unless they gain the most votes.

You only have a chance of winning the £10,000 if the team you voted for has access to the £250,000 (i.e has had the most votes). Of course this can obviously still be Leicester if we get enough votes but you can also vote for the team at the top if you wish and give yourself an opportunity to win the £10,000

chrislcfc18 said:
Leigh said:
chrislcfc18 said:
Leigh said:
chrislcfc18 said:

The winner isnt picked from all the voters. Ok, let say it is and your name is chosen. They give you a call and ask you to confirm the team that you chose. Lets say you chose Leicester and thats the team you tell them. In which case you will not gain the £10,000 because leicester, at the min anyway, does not have access to the £250,000 unless they gain the most votes.

You only have a chance of winning the £10,000 if the team you voted for has access to the £250,000 (i.e has had the most votes). Of course this can obviously still be Leicester if we get enough votes but you can also vote for the team at the top if you wish and give yourself an opportunity to win the £10,000

I have posted the Terms and Conditions in another thread.

8. The ‘win a player’ prize draw will take place on 27/05/05 and the winner of the major prize of a player(s) worth £250,000 for their club and £10,000 for themselves, will be the first valid entry drawn at random from entries received before the closing date.

No mention of Club (except as a prize recipient) determining the draw. The winner will come from "entries received before the closing date". :D :p :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

It's a numbers game so, get voting. :p :p :wink: ;-) :mrgreen: :smt023

chrislcfc18 said:

Where does it say that in the T&C? All I see is:

8. The ‘win a player’ prize draw will take place on 27/05/05 and the winner of the major prize of a player(s) worth £250,000 for their club and £10,000 for themselves, will be the first valid entry drawn at random from entries received before the closing date.

There is 1 major prize of a player(s), up to the value of £250,000, which will be given to the Coca-Cola Football League and Scottish Premier League club designated in the winner’s entry.

Yeah i suppose you may be right in which case i would be left with egg on my face.

I just dont see the reason of having a league system, where the club with the most votes is at the top, and the winning club is chosen randomly from all the voters.

So i guess what is gonna happen is that all votes will be thrown in a hat and 1 chosen at random. The bonus being is some teams will have a better chance than others of winning because they have more votes in there.

Ok, i got it completely wrong, i apologise and i'll get me coat :smt006

chrislcfc18 said:
Yeah i suppose you may be right in which case i would be left with egg on my face.

I just dont see the reason of having a league system, where the club with the most votes is at the top, and the winning club is chosen randomly from all the voters.

So i guess what is gonna happen is that all votes will be thrown in a hat and 1 chosen at random. The bonus being is some teams will have a better chance than others of winning because they have more votes in there.

Ok, i got it completely wrong, i apologise and i'll get me coat :smt006

Keep that coat off. :D :p :wink: ;-) :mrgreen: Your perspective on things has helped us get to the kernel of the matter. :p :wink: ;-) :mrgreen: :smt023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669