MAKE LEICESTER CITY F.C TOP OF THE LEAGUE

Status
Not open for further replies.
chrislcfc18 said:
Yeah i suppose you may be right in which case i would be left with egg on my face.

I just dont see the reason of having a league system, where the club with the most votes is at the top, and the winning club is chosen randomly from all the voters.

So i guess what is gonna happen is that all votes will be thrown in a hat and 1 chosen at random. The bonus being is some teams will have a better chance than others of winning because they have more votes in there.

Ok, i got it completely wrong, i apologise and i'll get me coat :smt006

Only point of the league is that the closer to the top you are, the better chance you have of winning. (because you have more entries!) It is possible that the team at the bottom may win still.

8. The ‘win a player’ prize draw will take place on 27/05/05 and the winner of the major prize of a player(s) worth £250,000 for their club and £10,000 for themselves, will be the first valid entry drawn at random from entries received before the closing date.

This is the most important bit, if some 'clever' individuals from leeds have thought well i can just make up emails and mobiles to get leeds to the top and win a player. Then they are wrong, as if they win but coca-cola cant get hold of them then a new entry will be drawn.

Steven said:
chrislcfc18 said:
Yeah i suppose you may be right in which case i would be left with egg on my face.

I just dont see the reason of having a league system, where the club with the most votes is at the top, and the winning club is chosen randomly from all the voters.

So i guess what is gonna happen is that all votes will be thrown in a hat and 1 chosen at random. The bonus being is some teams will have a better chance than others of winning because they have more votes in there.

Ok, i got it completely wrong, i apologise and i'll get me coat :smt006

Keep that coat off. :D :p :wink: ;-) :mrgreen: Your perspective on things has helped us get to the kernel of the matter. :p :wink: ;-) :mrgreen: :smt023

I can't believe it's taken people so long to understand it. The rules have been the same all the way through, and the random draw bit has been mentioned here before.

The marketing people at Coca Cola aren't stupid (OK, maybe they are, after the bottled water fiasco!). It would have been a waste of time for Coca Cola to arrange a competition where the team with the most votes was guaranteed to win, becaujse that would alienate fans of all the smaller clubs who would realise they had no chance of winning. But the way they're doing it even smaller teams like Torquay, Kidderminster etc could win it, so everyone feels they have a chance.

Lboro fox said:
Only point of the league is that the closer to the top you are, the better chance you have of winning.

And if Leeds (or anybody) else have been using false mobile numbers they won't have any advantage - the winner will be contacted on their mobile phone and if they don't answer in the time frame, the winner will be re-drawn!

Get your registrations in - and do it every day - and do it for all of your family who have got a phone!

ok ok enough's enough i feel embarrassed enough for getting this entirely wrong already. I just hope that if my entry is picked then it isnt the one where i have chosen Leeds. :-(

chrislcfc18 said:
ok ok enough's enough i feel embarrassed enough for getting this entirely wrong already. I just hope that if my entry is picked then it isnt the one where i have chosen Leeds. :-(

You really haven't read the rules have you?

If any of your entries are picked you will be contacted by mobile phone; you will then have the opportunity to confirm the team that you entered on behalf of or to change it to another club that belongs to the same League (NB league, not division!!). You would therefore be able to change your Leeds 'vote' to a Leicester one.

Look:

Coca-Cola ‘Win a Player’ promotion

Full Terms and Conditions

[...]
12. The major prize winner will be asked to confirm the Coca-Cola Football League or Scottish Premier League club that they provided when entering the promotion. If the club stated differs to that in the text or email, or the winner would like to give the prize to another club, then this club must be from the same League as the club stated in the entry, ie either from the Coca-Cola Football League or Scottish Premier League.

Any more questions?

Boc

bocadillo said:
chrislcfc18 said:

If any of your entries are picked you will be contacted by mobile phone; you will then have the opportunity to confirm the team that you entered on behalf of or to change it to another club that belongs to the same League (NB league, not division!!). You would therefore be able to change your Leeds 'vote' to a Leicester one.

Look:

[...]
12. The major prize winner will be asked to confirm the Coca-Cola Football League or Scottish Premier League club that they provided when entering the promotion. If the club stated differs to that in the text or email, or the winner would like to give the prize to another club, then this club must be from the same League as the club stated in the entry, ie either from the Coca-Cola Football League or Scottish Premier League.

Any more questions?

Boc

Leave the poor lad alone. :p :D :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

Steven said:
bocadillo said:
chrislcfc18 said:

Look:

[...]

Any more questions?

Boc

Leave the poor lad alone. :p :D :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

mmm.......uhhhh...............DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe i shouldnt win the prize. I dont think i could be trusted with it.

Back to the competition...we're about 80 ahead of Celtic but 500 odd behind BURNLEY and we're in 12th...midtable again for the FOXES?! :roll: :lol:

When does this competition end :?: :D :D :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

13th with 13,500 ish entries. Finishes on or about the 27th May. :D :D :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

Or whenever Coke have enough moby numbers for a marketing campaign... :roll:

MKFox said:
Or whenever Coke have enough moby numbers for a marketing campaign... :roll:

There is more than a hint of that, but we need all the players we can get at the moment. :D :D :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

ive find a way of voting more times than your supposed to,
theres two ways of doing so:
1. use all the e-mail addresses on your contacts list.
2. use all the mobile numbers on your mobile.
so when your on the net, do a couple of votes.
the more the better.

LCFC TILL I DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we_8_cov said:
the more the better.

People still dont get it then!

DurhamFox said:
we_8_cov said:
the more the better.

The more entries we have the better. As we know the winner will be from all the entries submitted we need to have as many to give ourselves the best chance. :D :D :wink: ;-) :mrgreen: One thing though you do have to be contactable so by giving someone else's details they might be contacted and give the money to another Club. :roll:

What do you get for 250 grand. :? :? :?

we_8_cov said:
the more the better

did you use Steven's email address as well then, is that why you wanted it? ;-) :D :-D

Steven said:
DurhamFox said:
we_8_cov said:
the more the better.

The more entries we have the better. As we know the winner will be from all the entries submitted we need to have as many to give ourselves the best chance. :D :D :wink: ;-)
:mrgreen:

What do you get for 250 grand. :? :? :?

Won't make an atom of difference if they call asking for Someone who has no idea who they are and denies entering. :roll:

I changed my post. You need your details or when they contact the "winner" who knows where the money might go, to Forest. :eek: :eek:

Anyone else still voting on this :?: :? :? :? :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669