Man City buy Adebayor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orifice

From the BBC (well, most of it)

Manchester City have added to their collection of egos by signing Arsenal's Emmanuel Adebayor on a five-year deal for a fee of around £25m.

The 25-year-old joins fellow new self-importances Roque Santa Cruz and Carlos Tevez at Eastlands.
And with Robinho, Craig Bellamy, Valeri Bojinov and Benjani also on their books, City have an embarrassment of over inflated egos up front.

"I can't wait to play for City's fans and show them what I can do," he said.

"I was born to be a star and play football and that is what I want to do. I have come here to make history for this club and those supporters.
"It what the chairman and the manager told me that they want too and I can't wait to get started."
The Togo striker, who takes City's summer spending to around £80m, passed a medical on Saturday and had already been successful in arranging a work permit.
Adebayor, who was also linked with linked to AC Milan, Preston and Chelsea, spent three-and-a-half seasons with the Gunners after joining them from Monaco for £7m, scoring 62 goals in 142 games.

Man City is gonna be interesting. Mark Hughes will be out if they don't perform like a top 5 Prem team from the start of the season.

It's a laugh ain't it.

From the BBC (well, most of it)

Manchester City have added to their collection of egos by signing Arsenal's Emmanuel Adebayor on a five-year deal for a fee of around £25m.

The 25-year-old joins fellow new self-importances Roque Santa Cruz and Carlos Tevez at Eastlands.
And with Robinho, Craig Bellamy, Valeri Bojinov and Benjani also on their books, City have an embarrassment of over inflated egos up front.

"I can't wait to play for City's fans and show them what I can do," he said.

"I was born to be a star and play football and that is what I want to do. I have come here to make history for this club and those supporters.
"It what the chairman and the manager told me that they want too and I can't wait to get started."
The Togo striker, who takes City's summer spending to around £80m, passed a medical on Saturday and had already been successful in arranging a work permit.
Adebayor, who was also linked with linked to AC Milan, Preston and Chelsea, spent three-and-a-half seasons with the Gunners after joining them from Monaco for £7m, scoring 62 goals in 142 games.

Man City is gonna be interesting. Mark Hughes will be out if they don't perform like a top 5 Prem team from the start of the season.

It's a laugh ain't it.

PRESTON lol good un

Santa Cruz must be a bit gutted..

They're team is looking pretty good to be honest. They SHOULD be top 5 no doubt.

Selling Adebayor for £25m is good business, he's not worth that... but from Wenger's comments it doesn't sound like he's going to be signing a replacement. Worrying that for Arsenal, wouldn't be suprised if City finish ahead of them

Given
Zabaleta, Richards, Dunne, Bridge
Wright Phillips, Barry, Ireland
Tevez, Adebayor, Robinho

Not a bad looking team is it? Just need a bit more in defence I think (centre backs)

Santa Cruz must be a bit gutted..

They're team is looking pretty good to be honest. They SHOULD be top 5 no doubt.

Selling Adebayor for £25m is good business, he's not worth that... but from Wenger's comments it doesn't sound like he's going to be signing a replacement. Worrying that for Arsenal, wouldn't be suprised if City finish ahead of them

Given
Zabaleta, Richards, Dunne, Bridge
Wright Phillips, Barry, Ireland
Tevez, Adebayor, Robinho

Not a bad looking team is it? Just need a bit more in defence I think (centre backs)

Be surprised if Wright-Phillips gets picked ahead of De Jong, i think they will likely be playing with the holding midfielder, pretty much every team who play 4-3-3 nowadays do.

I don't think Dunne is good enough to play in a side looking at the top 4/5....

They shouldn't have any trouble scoring goals though.

Be surprised if Wright-Phillips gets picked ahead of De Jong, i think they will likely be playing with the holding midfielder, pretty much every team who play 4-3-3 nowadays do.

Yeah thought that when I said it, but they might use Barry as the holding player.

Probably more likely to have De Jong/Kompany in there though than Wright Phillips.

Wright Phillips, Petrov and Santa Cruz as backup for the front 3.

If they sign Terry and/or Lescott (think they'll get Lescott, not Terry), then I'd actually be suprised if they DIDN'T finish in the CL places.

I was under the impression Dunne moved on?

Man City will lose too many games to be a threat to the top 4.

This is a new squad and will need time. Next year who knows.

I was under the impression Dunne moved on?

I think he came really close to signing to Sunderland but it fell through for whatever reason. Probably because S'land are shit...

Yeah thought that when I said it, but they might use Barry as the holding player.

Probably more likely to have De Jong/Kompany in there though than Wright Phillips.

Wright Phillips, Petrov and Santa Cruz as backup for the front 3.

If they sign Terry and/or Lescott (think they'll get Lescott, not Terry), then I'd actually be suprised if they DIDN'T finish in the CL places.

Hmmm, interesting about Barry, never really considered him a holding player, if they ver did employ him as one, interesting to see how he gets on, i know he's played as a more defensive central midfielder in the past for England and he seemed todo ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566