Managerial 'dream team'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Little and Grayson.

Although not a "Dream Team", I'd accept it.

Is this because all faith we deposited in MM has instantly been drained in one fell swoop?
No, it's because Brian Little is a decent Manager and Simon Grayson is an up and coming Manager who is already a proven success.

Grayson. Good job at Blackpool and with strong City ties.
Little. Was a legend here and could maybe become the foil between MM and Grayson.

What's not to get here really? Are people really expecting Capello??

Grayson. Good job at Blackpool and with strong City ties.
Little. Was a legend here and could maybe become the foil between MM and Grayson.

What's not to get here really? Are people really expecting Capello??

Why dont we just have Little then??

Wonder if I've still got my "You Little Liar" banner in the attic somewhere...

I quite like this idea. It could be a lot worse.

BUT: clear demarcation should be given to the roles that a manager pair have. Who has final say over team selection? Who decides what players to buy? (Oh yeah, thats MM. Forgot!). Who deicides training techniques, areas to work on, tactical roles etc etc.

(How about Warnock and Roeder? Or Roeder and Megson? (-: )

Oer all not a bad thought but I would prefer 1 manger in 1 job (And 1 chairman is his.....)

Last edited:
I quite like this idea. It could be a lot worse.

BUT: clear demarcation should be given to the roles that a manager pair have. Who has final say over team selection? Who decides what players to buy? (Oh yeah, thats MM. Forgot!). Who deicides training techniques, areas to work on, tactical roles etc etc.

(How about Warnock and Roeder? Or Roeder and Megson? (-: )

Oer all not a bad thought but I would prefer 1 manger in 1 job (And 1 chairman is his.....)

Little and Grayson sounds excellent.
Little: Many have forgotten what a great job he did for us and how instrumental he was in setting up a platform from which we eventually had some good success.
Grayson: Young, hungry, successful so far as a manager. Dedicated, hard-working and well-liked when he was here as a player (who could forget the goal away at Wimbledon in the semi final?…)

As for Megson and Roeder, this is on a par (ok I’m exaggerating but…) with Taylor and McGhee for me.

Wouldn't throw anymore toys out my pram at this one but, it doesn't feel very exiting. I still think we will end up with MM pulling a rabbit out of the hat. Someone unexpected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669