Post Match Manchester City 2 Leicester City 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have so many players of quality now it's hard to know where to start.

Barnes will be playing in the Euros if he continues like he has.

Youri has been just outstanding the first 3 games of the season. Teams will start to recognise this. Can he still do it when he's getting kicked as soon as he gets the ball?

Castagne might just be the complete full back. He's solid in defence, knows when to go forward, and when he gets there...wow his delivery is just excellent.

But MOTM for me was Mendy. Honestly thought his time here was up. But he's been brilliant again. Looks like a different player.

BR i was completely calling you out the first half. Honestly thought you'd rolled over and let Pep trickle your belly. But well done. That was a second half to be proud of.

Castagne, Mendy, Tielemans, Barnes, Vardy. I couldn't pick which one was MOTM!

Honorable mentions for Justin, and also Amartey given the circumstances.

Play two right backs and a right winger. Give the opposition some thing to think about that would. Maybe even allow more room for Barnes down the left.

i honestly think I may have been in a drowning or michael hutchence enduced euphoria since May 2016. To see a Leicester side, unhappy at finishing 5th in the prem, then come out under strength at the start of the next season and spank every team they come up against is just ridiculous.
amartey deserves plaudits. in the right channel, time and again he stepped forward to press the ball and Castagne, Tielemans and Praet had chance to pick up the ball. we could have saved £40m there.
Keeping Mendy has been a master stroke. Both Puel and Rodgers have seen something that nearly no fan has.
Castagne and Justin are just great scouting.
Barnes is already worth £50m+

Given how well both full/wing backs have started, Ricardo won't be rushed back.

He'll be used as a sub and for the Europa games until he is fully fit.

I think we'll see Timmy moved to the left side though once Ricardo is back to his old self.

Just think what the mood in the camp is like now compared to the end of last season.

weve got a real opportunity here. with home games against West Ham and Villa up next we could be 15 points after 5 games....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363