Post Match Manchester City 3 Leicester 1

We’ve just wasted two weeks and three matches when every point mattered, by waiting so long to change manager. Next week is point of no return.

The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t how hard you hit; it’s about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward.

We ain’t dead yet.

Men against boys, in truth

But positives to take into next week, and Smith will have learnt a lot (e.g. don’t ****ing play Vardy or KDH)

Criminal that the **** played Ward and Amartey ahead of Iversen and Soyuncu all ****ing season long. He has ****ing destroyed us

The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t how hard you hit; it’s about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward.

We ain’t dead yet.

Alright Rocky come down…

Today was about damage limitation, and when their centre half hits a corker with his weaker foot from 20 yards, after barely 5 minutes, you fear the worse

To finish with just a 2 goal deficit is actually a bloody good achievement.

Signs in the last 20 that we can play forward, and we could have actually snatched a cheeky draw!

Could have been shit loads worse. Sounds like we had a bit of a go towards the end. Hopefully that builds a bit of confidence. Good to see the squad being used.

I thought Tielemans was our worst player today. Maybe he's just rusty and he'll be better next week. But he was poor before his injury too...

Yeah, he was truly awful and way off the pace

Now we've got Man City out of the way the Great Escape can start in earnest.
Shit, I know there was heaps and heaps wrong, that got us in this position, but what if the single decision of Cag's treatment was enough to put us down? He was good today, makes you wonder.

Today was just about not getting battered.

Thankfully, they took their foot off the gas after 20 mins.

The last 15 mins hopefully gives the players some hope, despite it coming only because Man City had made lots of changes and completely took their foot off the gas.

I think Dean Smith would've got a good luck at some players today and learnt a bit about his squad.

Vardy and KDH shouldn't play; Soyuncu is definitely in our best 3 centre backs, but probably better than Faes still too; we're much better with Nacho on the pitch.

I also thought Thomas did alright when he came on today.

Mini season starts next week but is a must win.

For some reason I went to this one. Hopefully the players get confidence from that second half (even if it was mostly because Man City had job done after 20 mins and sat back). Even had a couple of chances at the end to make things interesting. Better scoreline than I expected. Crazy that we haven't played Cags for so long.

Soyuncu was a class above all our other defenders fir the most part. Be interesting to see what happens to Ndidi after that Ndidi disasterclass. He was once one of the league's very best DMs.

Anyway we played some really good stuff in the last 20 mins and were very unlucky on a few occasions. 3 great chances missed and a penalty shout knocked back. Arguably Man City had taken their foot off in the second half though and how often have we just turned up for the odd 10, 20 mins here and there over the last year and a half?

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4563