Post Match Manchester City 3 Leicester 1

I'm surprised by how harshly Tielemans is being judged. Yes he was clearly not quite fit and made a few mistakes. But with a few of his turns, progressive runs and clever passes, I thought he showed the creativity that the squad has been sorely lacking in his absence. No one else can provide what he does for the team.

Hopefully now he's had that hour and blown off some of the cobwebs, he can be instrumental in the run in.

I'm surprised by how harshly Tielemans is being judged. Yes he was clearly not quite fit and made a few mistakes. But with a few of his turns, progressive runs and clever passes, I thought he showed the creativity that the squad has been sorely lacking in his absence. No one else can provide what he does for the team.

Hopefully now he's had that hour and blown off some of the cobwebs, he can be instrumental in the run in.
Me too, pretty good summary of his performance

Nope. I’m confident Smith will start to play to the strengths of Vardy. The Man City game wasn’t the one to do that.

I’d give him the Wolves game at least.

How many crap performances do we need to see from Vardy before people realise he's done?

Or how many times do we have to play better with Nacho on the pitch to realise that he's the best option we've currently got?

We haven't got games left to waste on giving Vardy more chances.

Absolutely.

Tielemans style of play also has always looked lethargic! He's not in the team for gut busting runs

How many crap performances do we need to see from Vardy before people realise he's done?

Or how many times do we have to play better with Nacho on the pitch to realise that he's the best option we've currently got?

We need to play them together. They’ve got a great record playing together, but have started zero games together this season.

Some stats from yesterday:

TielemansKDHNdidi
minutes played626287
accurate passes18/22 (82%)20/24 (83%)24/27 (89%)
chances created020
shots000
conceded penalty001
expected assists0.010.060.02
touches263836
successful dribbles030
passes into final third132
accurate long balls1/2 (50%)1/2 (50%)0
dispossessed210
tackles won1/1 (100%)0/1 (0%)0
blocks010
clearances022
headed clearance001
interceptions002
recoveries235
was dribbled past203
ground duels won1/7 (14%)7/9 (78%)0/3 (0%)
Aerial duels won001/1 (100%)
was fouled030
fouls committed211

Some stats from yesterday:

TielemansKDHNdidi
minutes played626287
accurate passes18/22 (82%)20/24 (83%)24/27 (89%)
chances created020
shots000
conceded penalty001
expected assists0.010.060.2
touches263836
successful dribbles030
passes into final third132
accurate long balls1/2 (50%)1/2 (50%)0
dispossessed210
tackles won1/1 (100%)0/1 (0%)0
blocks010
clearances022
headed clearance001
interceptions002
recoveries235
was dribbled past203
ground duels won1/7 (14%)7/9 (78%)0/3 (0%)
Aerial duels won001/1 (100%)
was fouled030
fouls committed211
How in ****s name do three central midfielders have 2 tackles between them?

Why is it one or the other? It's blindingly obvious they should both start together.

I am a big fan of Jamie Vardy but, how many times this season has anyone really thought that he was going to score? That bit of extra speed has gone, and with it, his advantage as a striker.

As someone said in an earlier post, NOBODY would be more delighted to issue a mea culpa, than me. I just do not believe that if JV plays every minute of the remaining games, he will hit three league goals for the season...

I am a big fan of Jamie Vardy but, how many times this season has anyone really thought that he was going to score? That bit of extra speed has gone, and with it, his advantage as a striker.

As someone said in an earlier post, NOBODY would be more delighted to issue a mea culpa, than me. I just do not believe that if JV plays every minute of the remaining games, he will hit three league goals for the season...
I'll judge him under a manager with brains enough to play him in a two.

I'll judge him under a manager with brains enough to play him in a two.
Id love for the old Vardy to be hiding in there, ready to come out when we play to his strengths.
But unfortunately I just can't see it. He's been really poor this season. Chances missed, poor touches, low energy. He just doesn't look like the same player to me.

He's been anonymous particularly all season. Expecting him to have a turn around at this point would be almost as unbelievable as us staying up.

Id love for the old Vardy to be hiding in there, ready to come out when we play to his strengths.
But unfortunately I just can't see it. He's been really poor this season. Chances missed, poor touches, low energy. He just doesn't look like the same player to me.

He's been anonymous particularly all season. Expecting him to have a turn around at this point would be almost as unbelievable as us staying up.
How much effect has the Mrs Rooney thing had on him?
As he just seems such a different player this season

So, as I was otherwise engaged yesterday, I recorded the game ready to watch it this evening.

I assume the advice is to delete it and do something else?

So, as I was otherwise engaged yesterday, I recorded the game ready to watch it this evening.

I assume the advice is to delete it and do something else?

Nah get it watched. I managed to watch the first 20ish minutes live...Smith has a huge challenge to get the players to at least pretend to be fighting a relegation battle.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4563