Manchester City v Leicester City (FA Cup 3rd Round Replay)

Status
Not open for further replies.
An excellent opportunity for the Reserves and Academy lads.

I wouldn't even bother letting the first team travel - they've got much more serious business in trying to cling on to our tenuous play off chances next Saturday.

Weale

Naughton
Oneton
Twoton
Threeton

Fourton
Fiveton
Sixton
Seventon

Eighton
Nineton

Subs...

An excellent opportunity for the Reserves and Academy lads.

I wouldn't even bother letting the first team travel - they've got much more serious business in trying to cling on to our tenuous play off chances next Saturday.

There's a lot of sense in what you are saying, but around 6k City fans will be very disappointed if it were to happen.

There's a lot of sense in what you are saying, but around 6k City fans will be very disappointed if it were to happen.

I understand that.

Unfortunately, the FA Cup when it involves an attractive tie with a big name club is bound to be a distraction.

Sven is obliged to turn out a 'strong' side - but it clearly isn't in our best interests - and the travelling supporters would feel cheated if he did the logical thing.

We need a player to be making his debut for the club. Certain to score who ever he may be.

I've just bought a ticket, but still not sure whether I can go yet. I still may have to work tomorrow night, but I thought I'd take the gamble.

I've just bought a ticket, but still not sure whether I can go yet. I still may have to work tomorrow night, but I thought I'd take the gamble.

I AM going :)

.....although I'll be sitting on my own :(

Last edited:
SSN Mancini says Given may play and reveals other players likely to play
"That is the only reason why Shay has not played so often because he is a fantastic goalkeeper."

Veteran midfielder Patrick Vieira is in a similar situation having started just two Premier League games this term, although he has made eight appearances in cup competitions.

The Frenchman, also 34, is one of a several fringe players that could come in at Eastlands as City look to secure a fourth-round trip to Notts County.

"Patrick Vieira is an important member of our squad," said Mancini. "He is a good player, who has lots of experience.

"He will probably play, along with Jerome Boateng, James Milner, David Silva, Jo and Joleon Lescott. We have other players that we can win this game.

"I don't like this replay because we have a lot of matches to play until the end of the season already," he added.

"But we want to win because we want to get to Wembley. For me, that is very important."

City are firmly in the Premier League title race and have reached the Europa League knock-out stage and although they made a tame exit from the Carling Cup, this year's FA Cup represents a great opportunity for the Blues to win their first major trophy since 1976.

I AM going :)

.....although I'll be sitting on my own :(

One of my friends is a steward at Eastlands (he's a man utd supporter and says he doesn't mind taking their money and having his back to the game!) so I could get him to keep on eye out for you in case you get lonely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669