Manchester Heathrow - Train or Plane

Status
Not open for further replies.

LS6_Fox

This one is for the train experts...

I am flying out from Heathrow on Thursday 18th February and will need to be at Heathrow by 1:00pm (flight is at 4:00pm); travelling from Manchester Piccadilly.

I am returning from Heathrow on Tuesday 23rd February, flight is due to land at 9:15am, so could travel back around noon.

I've had a look on the Trainline and for two people the lowest available (just entering Manchester to Heathrow) is £148.80. Am I better waiting to see if any advance purchase become available?

The alternative is flights with BMI Baby for £150.40.

I am flying out from Heathrow on Thursday 18th February and will need to be at Heathrow by 1:00pm (flight is at 4:00pm); travelling from Manchester Piccadilly.

I am returning from Heathrow on Tuesday 23rd February, flight is due to land at 9:15am, so could travel back around noon.

I've had a look on the Trainline and for two people the lowest available (just entering Manchester to Heathrow) is £148.80. Am I better waiting to see if any advance purchase become available?

I've thought of a route, but it's not a serious one and certainly not a direct one. As this might be construed as a joke, I need to get my gag checker to vet it and make sure it's funny enough before I post it. I'll be back later.

:icon_bigg

I've thought of a route, but it's not a serious one and certainly not a direct one. As this might be construed as a joke, I need to get my gag checker to vet it and make sure it's funny enough before I post it. I'll be back later.

:icon_bigg

Haha non serious suggestions are welcome! But now you've built this one up I'm expecting something special!!

Last edited:

£74.40 is the off-peak return fare from Manchester Piccadilly to Heathrow, using the Underground between your London terminus and Heathrow. This ticket would not be valid on Heathrow Express.

There are no Advance tickets from Manchester to Heathrow, but I would have thought that you would be able to beat that figure by some margin if you waited for the Advance tickets to become available and bought tickets to London and your Underground tickets separately. You would however have to travel on your specified trains and you may feel it would be better to have a more flexible ticket, just in case your return flight is late.

Is the BMI Baby price quoted above for a flexible ticket?

I'd drive down to Heathrow if I were you. At least you are semi in control

I'd drive down to Heathrow if I were you. At least you are semi in control

I got the impression he didn't need to get to heathrow per se, just London. The flight was to get him to London.

But I was very wrong. Sorry MK. It's still early.

Last edited:
There are no Advance tickets from Manchester to Heathrow, but I would have thought that you would be able to beat that figure by some margin if you waited for the Advance tickets to become available and bought tickets to London and your Underground tickets separately.
Cheers - when do Advance tickets usually go on sale?

The BMI Baby was not a flexible flight, so it may just be easier to drive down and park there.

Cheers - when do Advance tickets usually go on sale?

The BMI Baby was not a flexible flight, so it may just be easier to drive down and park there.

There's always the coach, but it would take hours...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566