Post Match Manchester United 1 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Chelsea could be our best hope, sure they look shit hot at the moment but they can't keep winning forever, I hope.

Arsenal draw with them, we draw with them and then we get a point v Spurs whilst they get a point at Villa.

Liverpool can come 3rd on 69, we come 4th on 68 & Chelsea finish 5th on 67.

Not sure if Chelsea can then shit on us winning the CL though??

Spurs are ****ing rancid, and we’ll have 8,000 fans cheering us on

I’m so glad we won the title for Manchester City. And very glad that we got the three points.
If they can beat Liverpool it almost puts it to bed, surely?

Why are we suddenly thinking Liverpool, who have won three of their last seven league games, will suddenly go shit hot and win every single game?

Great Result, not only for the points but for the confidence going into the FA Cup final.

Iheanacho didn't score! that's a noteworthy event now...

I think one more point is needed, and think we can get that.

But I'd definitely not be wanting Chelsea to win tomorrow.

I'd much rather have them behind us so it takes 2 of the 4 teams behind us to have a very good run to make us miss out rather than only one team needing to do that.

Because after Thursday they've got to play Burnley, West Brom and Palace. Three shit teams with nothing to play for.
They drew with Newcastle and lost to Fulham in those games. Granted with the 'nothing to play for' aspect but I just can't see this Liverpool team winning all of their fixtures including Manchester United.

Sometimes the teams with 'nothing to play for' pull off some surprise results at the end of the season once the pressure is off.

I can't imagine Big Sam letting West Brom just give up and roll over in their final few games for example

A few messages from a SPUDS fan since Newcastle result

"No champs League, Rodgers to Spurs"
"He is a bottler so will be perfect for us"

I have ignored them, but my response this morning:

"OH WHAT A NIGHT!! WATCHING LEICESTER ON A TUESDAY NIGHT......!!"

So are we in a position where we actually want Chelsea to win tomorrow? Would that take some sting out of our game with them next week?
No. The more teams below us the better. Let Liverpool or West Ham catch them.

Chuffed for Soyuncu. Whatever has, or hasn't, been the issue with him these last few weeks, well maybe that powerful finish might just bring some joy back to his game. Much needed and at the perfect time (ManU's 'cavalry' having arrived)

Every time I took at Thomas' goal I realise what a brilliant finish it was. Seriously talented stuff. He didn't have a lot of goal to aim at (de Gea narrowing it significantly), he had to get his body position right, he watched the flight of the ball, picked his spot and pretty much side-footed/placed the ball into the top far corner. Cool as you like, that was the goal worthy of someone who has been around a good bit longer than him.

Overall, a much improved performance in the 2nd half. Play like that in the cup final and we're defo in with a good shout. Our confidence must be at a high. Bring it on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363