Post Match Manchester United 2 Leicester 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
We showed mid table ambition with the Shakey hire, to the signings. Let's see what happens this week.

We're better than I expected

Simpson was excellent. It's mental to suggest otherwise.

Maguire, Mahrez and Morgan also excellent. It's the best James has played but he is what he is really- he's never going to be wonderful. I take all of those performances as positives.

The problem really is centre midfield. We just can't keep hold of the ball long enough to create anything. Ndidi is a liability and has been for a long time now. I never got all the hype about him from the start - he was pretty decent for a few games but some on here were suggesting that he would be the new Kante. Madness. Albrighton was also off his game today - too many times he lost the ball easily and his crossing was awful in the very few occasions he managed to get the ball out of his feet.

The award for shit performance of the day though, goes to Gray. So much talent, such quick feet but the brain of a gnat. If he could think as quickly as he can dribble he'd be wonderful. He needs some phenomenally good coaching if he's to come good.

We are not as good at this rope-a-dope thing as we used to be.

We can be resolute and tenacious but over the course of 90 minutes the physical and mental strain resulting from endlessly toeing the ball back to the opposition ends only one way.

No shame in losing away at Manchester United but it's the manner of the performance. So negative, so predictable and offers no room for players to really express themselves. All it took today was a pacey centrehalf to track Vardy's runs and our only attacking option was completely negated.

I'm not angry or disappointed that we lost, I actually feel sorry for the players, particularly players like Slimani, Iborra and Iheanacho who must be wondering how Mike Bassett Jnr. is going to shoehorn them into his 442. I have no idea who we might actually go and beat away from home this season, teams can basically do what they want to us over and over and over again until one of our players makes a mistake. The margins are so fine and it doesn't need to be this way. Squillions of pounds worth of attacking players and they get reduced to playing as wingbacks covering fullbacks who are virtually playing at centre back.

Sure, I know it got changed to a 451 at 0-0 which was the right thing to do, but there was still no plan for how to cross the half way line. Coupled with the bizzare decision making in the fleeting nanoseconds of attacking play, which I can only guess is a result of sheer amazement and unpreparedness for attacks.

I am not going to enjoy watching another season of us doing the same thing but much, much worse. Our strength at home will save us but we desperately need new ideas and a fresh take on the squad.

Simpson was excellent. It's mental to suggest otherwise.

Maguire, Mahrez and Morgan also excellent. It's the best James has played but he is what he is really- he's never going to be wonderful. I take all of those performances as positives.

The problem really is centre midfield. We just can't keep hold of the ball long enough to create anything. Ndidi is a liability and has been for a long time now. I never got all the hype about him from the start - he was pretty decent for a few games but some on here were suggesting that he would be the new Kante. Madness. Albrighton was also off his game today - too many times he lost the ball easily and his crossing was awful in the very few occasions he managed to get the ball out of his feet.

The award for shit performance of the day though, goes to Gray. So much talent, such quick feet but the brain of a gnat. If he could think as quickly as he can dribble he'd be wonderful. He needs some phenomenally good coaching if he's to come good.
How can you say Morgan played well the second goal was his fault

The ability to close a player down stop the attacker from making a decision, stay in position he is a massive weak link
I've been his biggest critic for a while now but today Morgan was excellent. Without him we'd have been 2 down at half time and lost by a bucket load thereafter.

We are not as good at this rope-a-dope thing as we used to be.

We can be resolute and tenacious but over the course of 90 minutes the physical and mental strain resulting from endlessly toeing the ball back to the opposition ends only one way.

No shame in losing away at Manchester United but it's the manner of the performance. So negative, so predictable and offers no room for players to really express themselves. All it took today was a pacey centrehalf to track Vardy's runs and our only attacking option was completely negated.

I'm not angry or disappointed that we lost, I actually feel sorry for the players, particularly players like Slimani, Iborra and Iheanacho who must be wondering how Mike Bassett Jnr. is going to shoehorn them into his 442. I have no idea who we might actually go and beat away from home this season, teams can basically do what they want to us over and over and over again until one of our players makes a mistake. The margins are so fine and it doesn't need to be this way. Squillions of pounds worth of attacking players and they get reduced to playing as wingbacks covering fullbacks who are virtually playing at centre back.

Sure, I know it got changed to a 451 at 0-0 which was the right thing to do, but there was still no plan for how to cross the half way line. Coupled with the bizzare decision making in the fleeting nanoseconds of attacking play, which I can only guess is a result of sheer amazement and unpreparedness for attacks.

I am not going to enjoy watching another season of us doing the same thing but much, much worse. Our strength at home will save us but we desperately need new ideas and a fresh take on the squad.
The reason was because of Huth he kept Morgan in position, how many last minute lunges does Hugh put in compared to Morgan

Homer = blue mongie nothing has changed from you even when we were winning the league

Yet again you demonstrate a complete lack f understanding of what happened

Your blind ignorance of all thngs football is almost painful to see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572