Post Match Manchester united 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it was infinitely better than last season’s Arsenal performance under Mike Bassett.

I would very much like for Puel to make me eat my words this season and it’s a promising start, if a little decaf at times.

Having other defenders ready to step in is reassuring.

Iheanacho can’t lead the line, Chilwell can’t cross and Wes Morgan is verging on doddering but we were fine, mostly.

Still nothing to show for it other than Vardy getting off the mark.

Sooner we get Morgan and Amartey out that back four the better. Otherwise very good. Chilwell needs to work on the quality of his crossing but he did very well down that left. Standout players probably Maddison and Ricardo for us. Silva is generally good but very docile at times. Needs to make his decisions and execute his passes quicker - you obviously don't get the same time in the Prem as you do in Portugal.

It's going to run out for Utd sooner rather than later. Just a shame it wasn't tonight. They got away with wank performances like that loads last season, they surely can't again? Even a slight improvement in standard from the clubs outside the top 6 will see them finish 10 points worse off than last year & that'll be that for Jose in English football. I can't ****ing wait.

Now...lets thump Wolves & the Saints & get everything ticking over nicely for when the Scousers come to visit.

There are some positives and some things to be worried about.

The positives are we look better in possession and better defensively than we did last season. However it’s concerning that, for all our possession, we were too slow to move the ball in the final third and our attacking players weren’t moving well off the ball in forward positions. Carragher’s insistence that we were controlling the game made me wonder if we were watching the same game. We controlled the ball but United controlled the space.

All that said, United are a much better side than we are and there’s nothing to be alarmed about. At least not in terms of league position. If I had to draw a conclusion from that it’s that we’ll be comfortable but dull.

I’ve seen nothing tonight to suggest that Puel has learned from last season and changed his woeful approach to attacking the opposition, but he has made promising signings which suggest otherwise. I’ll remain on the fence until I’ve seen us a few times against sides I expect us to beat.

Gray had a good game especially first half. Ghezzal looked no different to how Mahrez was for much of last season. Give the bloke a chance? No let's diss him immediately and never play him ever again.

Gray had a lot of space and was up against a very poor full back. He wasted several good positions because his decision making or crossing is wank.

I'm not dismissing Ghezzal at all. But he was rubbish when he came on tonight. Who knows what's to come?

I'm positive for the season after that performance. Criticism of Ghezzal at this stage is nonsensical. Of course our next game will be much more of a test as to how we will fare. But I think we'll do well. Puel's subs may or may not have worked but the reasoning behind each one made sense so I don't think he deserves criticism either

Well it was infinitely better than last season’s Arsenal performance under Mike Bassett.

I would very much like for Puel to make me eat my words this season and it’s a promising start, if a little decaf at times.

Having other defenders ready to step in is reassuring.

Iheanacho can’t lead the line, Chilwell can’t cross and Wes Morgan is verging on doddering but we were fine, mostly.

Still nothing to show for it other than Vardy getting off the mark.

Decaf! What a perfect word to describe our performance. It all looks fine and dandy but lacks that key ingredient.

Vardy came on and was clearly highly caffeinated. He may need to share the red bulls around before next weeks game.

I don't think BN was writing him off, rubbish is a bit harsh but not a totally unfair assessment of Ghezzal's display. He didn't create anything, cost us a goal, and gave the ball away more than once.

Decaf! What a perfect word to describe our performance. It all looks fine and dandy but lacks that key ingredient.

Vardy came on and was clearly highly caffeinated. He may need to share the red bulls around before next weeks game.
I was going to say low tar but decaf is far more annoying.

There are some positives and some things to be worried about.

The positives are we look better in possession and better defensively than we did last season. However it’s concerning that, for all our possession, we were too slow to move the ball in the final third and our attacking players weren’t moving well off the ball in forward positions. Carragher’s insistence that we were controlling the game made me wonder if we were watching the same game. We controlled the ball but United controlled the space.

All that said, United are a much better side than we are and there’s nothing to be alarmed about. At least not in terms of league position. If I had to draw a conclusion from that it’s that we’ll be comfortable but dull.

I’ve seen nothing tonight to suggest that Puel has learned from last season and changed his woeful approach to attacking the opposition, but he has made promising signings which suggest otherwise. I’ll remain on the fence until I’ve seen us a few times against sides I expect us to beat.

You either weren't watching the right team last season or you had the wrong game on tonight.

It was nothing like Puel last season, not remotely similar, unless you mean his early games where we did very well indeed.

Stupid Amartey mistake apart, we played very well tonight.

I'm excited by that and feel more optimistic, despite the loss.

Maddison looks ****ing magic. Brilliant touch, control, tight turns and excellent delivery from set pieces. Can't wait to see more of him.

Gray still frustrates but I think his decision making was overall a bit better tonight.

I loved the youth and energy in this team.

Great pressing again which is good to see.

Overall very positive and I think we can actually feel more positive about our season from that game then Man Utd fans can!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4181
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263