Match Thread Manchester United v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was abysmal and hopefully this is the wake up call for Ranieri. Amartey is poor and one of the positions we need to make improvements in, it should be the key focus. Defending from corners has been shocking again and we've pretty much conceded from every one we gave away. 4 at Chelsea, 4 at Liverpool, 4 at Man U. No coincidence, something needs to change. Maybe a change of formation until January when we can look at trying to bring in improvements in defence and midfield that we should have bought in in the last window.

Just strange - we are just not at the races. No intensity or aggression. Not quite sure what to think. Played exactly the same against Liverpool and Hull. Just can't generate the passion away from home.

Same here. We have nothing infront or behind the midfield today which has been the problem.

Agreed.

Drinky has actually been very, very good so far! And Amartey hasn't done too badly other than on the corner

It's hard to tell whether we're missing schmeichal but the fact is our defence has gone from being able to defend crosses with ease to being completely unable to defend basic crosses and the only difference in the personnel is the goalkeeper.

It's unfair to blame Zieler for this shambles but I have been saying all along I really don't rate him. Not much can be done about that today as Schmeichel is out injured. Our general stand off-ish approach to defending is pissing me off and it took until 4-0 until a few players started to show a bit of desire.....

****ing sort it Ranieri. I'd drop Amartey immediately. One good performance against Swansea and a string of absolute shite performances in his every other start.

A few days before our first Champions League game and we put in a piss poor display.

A few days before our second Champions League game and we put in a piss poor display.

Coincidence?

It's hard to tell whether we're missing schmeichal but the fact is our defence has gone from being able to defend crosses with ease to being completely unable to defend basic crosses and the only difference in the personnel is the goalkeeper.

Well we haven't been fantastic with Kasper so I doubt that's the reason.

We're all disapppointed that Rooney isn't playing - it was our only chance...
Looking forward to the second half, it can't be worse

A few days before our first Champions League game and we put in a piss poor display.

A few days before our second Champions League game and we put in a piss poor display.

Coincidence?
Maybe that is the problem - noone wants to do the hard things - take the hits - everyone trying to avoid injury prior to the Champions league

I'd be tempted to get Gray on, just for his commitment and energy! Or Shinji

I think Gray will come on but that's not going to get us back into the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669