Pre Match Manchester United v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got the Opta Data Pack this morning. Will attach these regularly if interest:

- Manchester United are unbeaten in their last seven Premier League games against Leicester City, winning four and drawing three, and have lost just one of the last 18 (W13 D4).

o At Old Trafford, Leicester City have lost on seven of their last eight visits in the league (D1), scoring a total of just three goals in that period.

o Man Utd have won their opening fixture more often than any other side in Premier League history (17).

o The last time Man Utd and Leicester City met on the opening weekend of a Premier League campaign was back in 1998-99, with Man Utd coming back from 0-2 behind to draw 2-2 at Old Trafford.

o This is only the second time in English Football League history that the top-flight season has kicked off on a Friday, and Leicester have been involved both times. The other occasion was last season, when Leicester lost 3-4 at Arsenal.

o Manchester United have only lost one of their 10 Premier League games played on a Friday (W6 D3 L1), though this came in their last such match, vs Brighton in May 2018.

o At home, the Man Utd are unbeaten in 20 top-flight league games played on a Friday (W14 D6). Their last such defeat came back in April 1950 (0-2 vs Birmingham).

o Leicester have never won a Premier League game played on a Friday before, drawing two and losing three.

o Man Utd forward Romelu Lukaku has scored four goals in his last six Premier League games against Leicester, though all of those strikes came while he was at Everton. Leicester were one of just three clubs the Belgian faced twice in the league last season, but failed to register a single goal or assist against (also Arsenal and Man City).

o Man Utd’s Juan Mata has scored four goals in his last four Premier League appearances against Leicester, though only one of these has come at Old Trafford. Only against Norwich (5) has the Spaniard scored more Premier League goals than he has versus Leicester (4).
Yes please MA. I'm a stats geek, so like all this shit.

Edit - safe to say the stats don't make for pretty reading here, though.

Those stats are slightly Utd heavy.

3-1 to us with 2 goals from Nacho and Mahrez 2.0 to finish it off.

Maguire to put them ahead one way or another.

Right...I'm here seeking a bit of a lift from all the doom & gloom. So I'm going to have a glass half full moment.

I'll start with this:

**** Utd.

They overachieved massively last season & everyone knows it. Including them. They'd have been 10 points worse off without De Gea pulling off miracles & I'm not backing him to do it 2 seasons in a row.

Also, it's Mr Happy's 3rd season & we all know what that means.
He's made it to this position twice in the Prem & both times he's been sacked by Xmas.
Those other 2 occasions he came into the season as defending champion. This time he comes in having won **** all so will have even less goodwill.
The signs are already there that he's starting to piss everyone off.

I'm hoping history repeats itself & we see the back of the odious shitehawk for good.

It's highly possible that the damage won't kick in until later in the season but it's worth taking a chance & getting at the ****s from the off. We really should have turned Arsenal over in last year's opener. Lets put that right this time around.

We're 8/1 for the win!

Fill your boots lads.

8/1 is bloody good odds.

It isn't, we don't win at old trafford.

One ground where we usually turn up beaten before we get off the coach based on performances.

Really hope that changes tomorrow

It isn't, we don't win at old trafford.

One ground where we usually turn up beaten before we get off the coach based on performances.

Really hope that changes tomorrow

Yea I wasn't really talking about THAT team

0-1 (Maguire)

Got to be hasn't it? o_O

Skybet go 260/1...I've chanced a couple of quid

And for those of us that have no Sky subscription at all?

What is the best price for a Day Pass going for an existing NOW box anyone has come across?

Nothing compares to seeing it at the ground. But a distant second best is a cheerful landlord, a pretty barmaid, a pint esch half and above all good company. Ignore the Day Pass Mike and go to a favourite pub.

Jakupovic hasn't travelled. Schmeichel, Ward and a 17year old lad named Jakub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757