Pre Match Manchester United v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I've always said to the good lady, I'm a grower not a shower.

From Ole this morning:

POGBA, MARTIAL AND SHAW MISSING FOR UTD

Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has confirmed Paul Pogba, Anthony Martial and Luke Shaw have all been ruled out of tomorrow's game against Leicester at Old Trafford.

Diogo Dalot will also miss the match, while Aaron Wan-Bissaka and Jesse Lingard are doubts.

"Pogba won't be fit unless he's had a miraculous recovery overnight. He's not been ready to train at 100 per cent," Solskjaer said.

I bet Pogba, Lingard and Wan-Bissaka end up starting. Manure players have always made miraculous recoveries post internationals.

Head-to-head

• Manchester United are unbeaten in their last nine league meetings with Leicester (W6, D3), and did the double over the Foxes last season.
  • United have won eight of their last nine against Leicester at Old Trafford, drawing the other.
  • Leicester have won just one of their last 20 league games against Manchester United (D4, L15) - that was in September 2014.
  • The Foxes have lost 17 Premier League games against Manchester United, more than against any other opponents.
Manchester United

• After winning their opening game of the season, Manchester United have gone three games without a win (D2, L1).
  • They have won just one of their last nine league fixtures (D4, L4).
  • The Red Devils have kept only one league clean sheet in 15 league matches. They have conceded 23 goals in this run and scored just 20 times (W5, D4, L6).
  • Daniel James has scored three goals in his first four Premier League matches for Man Utd.
  • James could become only the second United player to score in his first three Premier League appearances at Old Trafford - the other was his current manager Ole Gunnar Solskjær in September 1996.
Leicester City

• Leicester are unbeaten in all competitions this season (W2, D3).
  • But they have failed to keep a clean sheet in each of their last 10 Premier League away fixtures.
  • Since Brendan Rodgers' first Premier League game in charge on 3 March, Leicester have won 25 points. Only Liverpool and Man City have won more.
  • Twelve of Leicester's last 14 Premier League goals have come in the second half.
  • Since the beginning of 2014-15, Jamie Vardy has scored 31 Premier League goals against the established top six, more than any other player.
  • Vardy has been directly involved in 14 goals in 14 Premier League games under Brendan Rodgers, scoring 12 goals and providing two assists.

We should dominate midfield, and hopefully win. I'll be seriously pissed off if we show them any respect. Just go for it, rough and ready and sharp-toothed. I think the midfield will be the key to our success as their defence will try to keep as tight as possible without their star man in midfield and Maguire will want to prove a point which means Madders and Tielemans should be ready to pull out the magic with Vardy pressing and being relentless. I sense a spectacular goal or two.

My prediction based on the above is therefore 0-0

We're getting a right good rimming on talksport right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757