Mandaric on way???

Status
Not open for further replies.
If as most of us hope MM is the knight in shining armour then one thing we will have to accept is expensive tickets.

A quick look at Portsmouth's season ticket prices (£516-£658) may be enough to give anyone who whines about our current prices a heart attack.

Small ground though, don't forget......

Apart from a few exceptional periods ( i.e. the MON era, that I feel proud to have been a supporter through ) we have been, in comparison to the big clubs, not first rate for a lot of the time. That's a fact I have been aware of since I started watching City in 1977, doesn't stop my enjoyment of following City home and away, it just makes the best times better. I'm a realist at heart, and believe this MM talk to be hot air, nothing more, nothing less.

I think it's hot air too.

However, i also think that the current impotent board and the likes of the FT would make sure that it couldn't happen even if there was any substance to it.

Tis very true, Derby have 'restructured' thier debts to narrowly avoid administration thereby never getting a slating. Our big problem that resulted in so much criticism and the 10 point deduction rule was that we owed other football clubs (mainly spurs) money. I think the FA decided standard business practises did not apply between football clubs.

Ant money owed to other football clubs would have been paid in full, to comply with league regulations ( as you can guess, this didn't go down with the other creditors, who had to acept X pence in the pound ).

Of course, but if you had had the time - and I'm not blaming you for not having that time - to have carefully read what I said...the point I was making was that the present set up won't restore us to being a 'yo yo club. Of course i want better than that, like the MON years or the Gillies days of the early and mid sixties, but I'd settle at the moment for the excitement of the promotion and relegation battles. All we have at the moment is a shadow of what Leicester City was. Everything about the club except the fan base and the stadium is second to third rate.

I find myself agreeing with Redditch,which itself is worrying:icon_conf .We are just 'plodding' along.

Ant money owed to other football clubs would have been paid in full, to comply with league regulations ( as you can guess, this didn't go down with the other creditors, who had to acept X pence in the pound ).

wasnt the ipswich situation 'managed' by sheepshanks who was/is a member of the football league board hence the bickering about us going into admin and being a league threat to his beloved ipswich...:102:

wasnt the ipswich situation 'managed' by sheepshanks who was/is a member of the football league board hence the bickering about us going into admin and being a league threat to his beloved ipswich...:102:

Ipswich didn't need to go into administration (we were effectively forced to to protect us from Eric Hall), they saw what a good job Nick Dargan did with us and they waited for him to finish here, then went into administration so he could do a job for them.

Have to agree with Highland and Redditch, we are a club that is going nowhere, fast, it is apparent by the comings and goings over the past 8 or so months that the club is in steady decline, especially off the field.

We hired and then parted company with a Marketing and Commercial professional who's brief was to increase the clubs commercial revenue, and all this within 8 months.

We are now back to a Chairman and a Chief Exec, who have very little football experience between them and quite frankly it shows. The matchday experience is in rapid decline, with more and more fans being turned off by what is on offer both on and off the pitch. Whilst our other commercial enterprises seem to limp on like a wounded animal.

Something has to change, and maybe investors are put off by the current structure of the club, and whether the Mandaric speculation becomes anything more than that, it may just encourage other potential investors that we are available and that the constitution of the club can be changed for the right type of investor.

I don't think so, the Teachers' Pension Fund are owed circa £16m, and I don't think they would settle for much less, as the hold a charge over the stadium and all our other assets ( including the players ). They hold all the cards in this instance.

They weren't keen to do a deal when the ground share option was on the table

The year we went into admin, and were slated from all sides, Ipswich quietly went into admin as well, but nobody said a dicky bird. Most friends of mine I mention this to down here are totally unaware that Ipswich did exactly what we did.:mad:[/QUO

I've had the same 'discussion' with quite a few footie fans I encounter at work who always bleat on about our admin period, but as soon as you mention Ipscum they do not know anything about it. I hate Ipscum becasue they should have gone shoulder to shoulder with us in very difficult times but instead went into admin under cover and left us to take the stick which continues today. :018: :mad:

It will be very interesting to see how the board and the Foxes Trust handle any future bid IMO. Rightly or wrongly the majority of supporters will see any bid from Mandric as a great opportunity not to be missed. If there is even the slightest hint either body have rebuked a bid of this nature then all hell will break loose IMO.

I think it's hot air too.

However, i also think that the current impotent board and the likes of the FT would make sure that it couldn't happen even if there was any substance to it.

As we keep saying, we would examine any proposal and make sure that it was in the best interest long term interest of our club, the fans & the wider community. A few posters keep having a dig about our role in this but our published aims clearly state:

• To lobby, publicise and campaign to encourage the Board to take into account the interests of supporters when making its decisions.
• To strengthen the bonds between Leicester City Football Club and the community which it serves and to represent the interests of the community in the running of the club.
• To ensure the club meets the highest standards of business management.
• To promote, develop and respect the rights of members of the community served by the club and the Trust.
• To encourage the club to play competitive football at the highest possible level.

Our serious review of any offer will take into account all of the above aims. We would be failing to do what we were elected for if we did otherwise

If as most of us hope MM is the knight in shining armour then one thing we will have to accept is expensive tickets.

A quick look at Portsmouth's season ticket prices (£516-£658) may be enough to give anyone who whines about our current prices a heart attack.

and obviously a topic we would discuss when reviewing any potential bidders long term plans

It will be very interesting to see how the board and the Foxes Trust handle any future bid IMO. Rightly or wrongly the majority of supporters will see any bid from Mandric as a great opportunity not to be missed. If there is even the slightest hint either body have rebuked a bid of this nature then all hell will break loose IMO.

Hear, hear.

They should be doing all they can to ease the way for this. The Trust do claim to represent the fans after all.

As we keep saying, we would examine any proposal and make sure that it was in the best interest long term interest of our club, the fans & the wider community.

so would you say that the current regime is in the interest of all the above you metioned.

i dont

Hear, hear.

They should be doing all they can to ease the way for this. The Trust do claim to represent the fans after all.

Would spell the end of the current board and remove any shreds of respect the trust has left IMO.

Any bid spells the end for the current board whatever happens IMO.

Last edited:
As we keep saying, we would examine any proposal and make sure that it was in the best interest long term interest of our club, the fans & the wider community. A few posters keep having a dig about our role in this but our published aims clearly state:

• To lobby, publicise and campaign to encourage the Board to take into account the interests of supporters when making its decisions.
• To strengthen the bonds between Leicester City Football Club and the community which it serves and to represent the interests of the community in the running of the club.
• To ensure the club meets the highest standards of business management.
• To promote, develop and respect the rights of members of the community served by the club and the Trust.
• To encourage the club to play competitive football at the highest possible level.

Our serious review of any offer will take into account all of the above aims. We would be failing to do what we were elected for if we did otherwise

Would you agree that something needs to change at the Club ?

Hear, hear.

Yes we do, but that doesn't mean leap at the first money tree which is riddled with disease and dies 2 years later.

Any potential investor needs to be quizzed to ensure their long term plans are in everybody's interests (eg see post on Pompey ticket prices)

Would you be happy if we came out of a meeting, saying yes we think somebody should take over with pots of money, oh and by the way ticket prices will be up 30% next season, great isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669