Mandaric sacks Irvine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mandaric backs Irvine

He's gone. Milan sacked him late last night!
Full details later.

Here we go again.

Source?

Right time though IMO, new manager in for the loan window opening. Losing 5-3 after being 2-3 up will not have impressed MOF.

Last edited:

He's gone. Milan sacked him late last night!
Full details later.

Here we go again.

We?

WE????

I'm not going anywhere. Nothing to do with me!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/sheff_wed/9385962.stm

Sheffield Wednesday have parted company with manager Alan Irvine with the side lying 12th in League One.

Chairman Milan Mandaric held crisis talks on Wednesday following the club's 5-3 defeat at Peterborough.

Irvine, 52, leaves after just 13 months in charge, with the Owls currently seven points off the play-offs and just five points clear of the bottom four.

The club is yet to comment but an official announcement is expected later on Thursday.

Iain Dowie has already shamelessly thrown his hat into the ring on SSN. He began stuttering he was that excited

A certain Mr Rob Kelly is Assistant Manager there, is he not ?

How funny........

I agree change it to "sacks" as the posts are about the sacking now. I didn't make a separate thread when I heard the sacking news as I was on my mobile and I had no link at the time confirming the sacking.

A certain Mr Rob Kelly is Assistant Manager there, is he not ?

How funny........

Rob Kelly must be sick of the sight of MM he will now probably be sacked for the second time by him. I doubt he will get a caretaker role as the local radio say that someone will take over permanently very soon. Which means as what happened to Sousa has happened to Irvine - gets the vote of confidence then after a bad defeat gets the sack.

Radio Sheffield mentioned names most have already mentioned but added another which will get Fitz salivating KEVIN KEEGAN:icon_eek:

Re: Mandaric backs Irvine BUT now he sacks him! -post #17

"We haven't won a league game since I arrived at the club," said Milan Mandaric, explaining the dismissal of Alan Irvine as Sheffield Wednesday this morning.

Wednesday have played six times since Mandaric's purchase was finalised, and while it's true that the Owls haven't won any of those games, what is also true is that they won four of the previous six and were second in League One when he arrived.

Some might suggest it isn't Irvine who's the problem here.

would imagine they'll go for someone already in a job. Chris Powell? :icon_lol: Rmuours are apparently Roy Keane..

I could understand the sacking of Martin Allen, Ian Holloway, Paulo Sousa, but this I can't. They're not a million miles from the play-offs.

Oh well, not our problem now.

Opps hes started again

Sheffield Wednesday chairman Milan Mandaric has confirmed boss Alan Irvine has been sacked after just over a year in charge.

Former Preston boss Irvine, 52, has been axed by the League One club following a six-game winless run which culminated in Tuesday's 5-3 defeat at Peterborough.

Mandaric said: "It is unfortunate, but this had to take place. The decision has been made on what is in the best interests of the club.

"We will be making further announcements in due course."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670