Confirmed Transfer Marcin Wasilewski

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point was that many believe we are over the limit of FFP already.

Increasing our expenditure by anything will make this worse, unless of course people were wildly assuming we were fecked?

If we are over the limit, and I can't see how we wouldn't be, then it's fairly irrelevant how far over we are as any proportional fines only come in upon promotion. A transfer embargo is pretty binary (unless you're Watford).

Binary?

FFP - A way for our owners to dress up a reduction in the money they want to invest in the club?

If you believe that you obviously don't know much about FFP

If you believe that you obviously don't know much about FFP

Sure. I guess I was saying that if you presume some teams are not attempting to comply with FFP. (I think Forest have been given as an for example) Then attempting to comply with FFP would restrict the money the Thias were putting into the club.

By the way, this is not something I really believe. Just mentioning it was something that could be plausible.

If we are over the limit, and I can't see how we wouldn't be, then it's fairly irrelevant how far over we are as any proportional fines only come in upon promotion. A transfer embargo is pretty binary (unless you're Watford).

I would have assumed we were too but expected the only signings to be punts from lower leagues like Zoom or youngsters from the prem on loan.

Given we have made a couple of full signings it has suggested to me that we may not be far from it or at the correct level.

Unless we are just going for the 'bollocks to it' approach but I think it's too risky to go for.

Given we have made a couple of full signings it has suggested to me that we may not be far from it or at the correct level.

I'd be surprised when we still have Danns and St Ledger on the books, and couldn't shift Wellens. Possible, but unlikely.

Unless we are just going for the 'bollocks to it' approach but I think it's too risky to go for.

As per above, once you're over it doesn't really matter. I doubt that they'll do anything that may impair their ability to achieve it in 2014/15 though. Hence the 1 year contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669