Marcus Stewart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottingham Fox

Has today been released by Sunderland.

This would be a super signing for us. He's been quality at Sunderland this season.

And with him being 32, he aint going to walk into a Premiership side, but someone like ourselves would suit him down to the ground.

Get him in !!

I more than agree. He is certainly one of these players that 'could do a job at this level'

I think for one season playing alongside Connolly would be awesome.

No,we are trying to build a side getting in a 32 year old striker is just a short term thing IMO.He's not a CL type signing anyway I will be surprised if he signs anybody over 30 years old

drummindefender said:
give him a one year deal-theres no harm done

No offence Drummin but didn't giving ageing players one year contracts get us into the shit last time ?

IMO, Marcus would do a quality job for a side looking to break into the top few next season in the Championship. Yeah, he's slow; but his first touch is immaculate, he is a great finisher and both his movement and work rate are second to none. I'm disappointed to see him go, but he won't have the legs for the Premiership. Hes been immense this season, apparently Hull are leading the chase for his signature but I would have thought he'll improve a much better side than them.

would be good, but again he is too old"!! and with the possible arrivals of gary mcsheffrey and jani sturm, i dont think we will be looking in that department too much.

Has jarni sturm signed????

Loyal_Supporter said:
would be good, but again he is too old"!! and with the possible arrivals of gary mcsheffrey and jani sturm, i dont think we will be looking in that department too much.

Has jarni sturm signed????

Levein says he is 'one for the future', I'm not sure he is in our immediate plans!

pre contract agreement i think

highland fox said:
drummindefender said:
give him a one year deal-theres no harm done

No offence Drummin but didn't giving ageing players one year contracts get us into the shit last time ?

fair comment highland, but we have just offered dublin a new deal, so why not give stewart a chance-he would definetly score goals at this level don't you think? It probably won't happen anyway-i can see half the division being after him

I can't see any harm in Marcus Stewart being given a 1 year contract here. He's a proven scorer & 32 isnt that old. It's not like signing 35-37 year olds. He's looked good for Sunderland this season & he will do good for someone in the Championship next season.

I don't understand the age thing with players. Levein wanted to bring the age of the side down & has. Is signing someone over 30 bad? If their good & can get our side up there then why not? Ian Marshall came to us late in his career but done a great job over a few seasons. I believe M.Stewart could too.

Thumbs up for M.Stewart here!!
:smt006

black cats top dogs said:
IMO, Marcus would do a quality job for a side looking to break into the top few next season in the Championship. Yeah, he's slow; but his first touch is immaculate, he is a great finisher and both his movement and work rate are second to none. I'm disappointed to see him go, but he won't have the legs for the Premiership. Hes been immense this season, apparently Hull are leading the chase for his signature but I would have thought he'll improve a much better side than them.

I agree mate. Hull arn't a bad side though, don't mock them. I bet you they will finish in the top six next season with that damn Peter Taylor!!!

If we'd only have given him abit of money, he may have done a good job for us!

Stewart has been a very good player in this and a higher League. I would rather be signing the new younger "Marcus Stewart". :D :D :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

Now we are talking, Marcus Stewart would do concidrably more for us than Dion ever did.

We need a mix of the maturity of the older players and the enthusiasm of youth in our team. Someone with his work rate and skills will lead by example and would be a brilliant signing for us.
He certainly wont turn into a blake (journeyman) because he is on a one year contract so CL's reasons for not liking one year contracts should not apply. If Stewart wont come for a one year contract offer him two years. I think he would worth it.

He is player I have rated for a long time and though he may not have the pace for the premiership he could still contribute as a sub, so I cant understand why sunderland have dumped him.

Get him in CL

Now we are talking, Marcus Stewart, I think he would be worth it, and so most of the Sunderland fans, check the link to the Sunderland message board to a thread with 115 messages of thanks and praise for him.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.ph...15&page=1&pp=10

Their general opinion of him is:

Poor start to this season
Getting old and to slow for the premier
Paid to much
A few are glad he is leaving

Quality player with excellent skills
Intelligent player
Works hard
Good influence on the young ones
Seventeen goals this season
A few think he can contribute in the premiership