Confirmed Transfer Maresca to Chelsea

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Leicester City Football Club can today confirm the departure of Enzo Maresca from his position as First Team Manager.

Given the promising foundations established during his single season in charge, the Club is disappointed that Enzo has decided at this stage that he no longer wants to be part of our vision.

However, with Enzo’s decision made and the Board’s terms for his departure met, we wish him well in his future endeavours. He leaves with the appreciation of everyone at the Club for his work in helping us to achieve an immediate return to the Premier League during the 2023/24 season.

Staff members Willy Caballero, Danny Walker, Michele De Bernardin, Marcos Alvarez, Javier Molina Caballero and Roberto Vitiello will also be leaving the Club.

The Board will now commence the process of appointing a new manager that will lead our return to the Premier League and continue the implementation of our long-term vision for the success of Leicester City Football Club.

Thanks for getting us the promotion, Enzo.

As with any new Chelsea manager though, I can only hope he flops in his new role.

Now let's get our replacement in ASAP - hopefully the team have been making serious progress with this in the meantime rather than waiting for the obvious news to be confirmed first.

I know they have to say this. But let's hope it's already well under way
Yep that’s what I thought too. You’d hope they’d have already started this process, but the track record doesn’t fill you full of confidence.

No more Enzo ball. Devestated.

Given the promising foundations established during his single season in charge, the Club is disappointed that Enzo has decided at this stage that he no longer wants to be part of our vision.
They’ve stuck the knife in there haven’t they

Hope the last bit is true

when this speculation was going on, one piece that didn’t sit well with me, was the open fact about how much he knew about all the Chelsea players, both in the first team squad and the youngsters.

That doesn’t take just 5 minutes reading your John Player’s book of football.

when this speculation was going on, one piece that didn’t sit well with me, was the open fact about how much he knew about all the Chelsea players, both in the first team squad and the youngsters.

tbf, the job is available every 6 months so would be silly not to do some research!

He'll be back.
12 months, out of the door at Chelsea (only finished 5th) and back to Filbert Way.

Maybe he'd have thought otherwise if they hadn't misled him about funds, made a complete and utter **** up regarding signing Sensi in January, landed the Club with an impending enormous points deduction, and have a load of entitled ****s as fans who moan about him getting us promoted at the first opportunity despite being on our knees this time last year...

Even then he'd still have been a bit daft to turn it down

Shame he's gone as it would have been good to see what he could have done with us in the PL.

Promotion may have been expected but it seemed like he managed to build a superb atmosphere amongst the squad and turned around some massively underperforming players.

He may well have been gone by Christmas but it's a shame we won't get to see what would have happened as it could have gone very well next season as I believe his style suits the PL and he could do very well at Chelsea.

Thanks for the promotion but don't expect too warm a welcome back at the KP, even though I completely understand why he has gone.

In 12 months time, if Pep doesn’t commit to stay, a success at Chelsea will see Man City come knocking.
That’ll be interesting!

It's not that strange that he would know this. I think I'm right in saying that he managed Man City U23's, so would have played against Chelsea and be aware of their youngsters. I get the impression that he and is staff are very thorough in researching the opposition, so presumably done so before we played them in the FA Cup.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663